HIV Prevention Community
Reliability on HIV tests

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Reliability on HIV tests

How much guarantee does the following tests give:-

1) Negative HIV 1&2 and P24 CMIA Combo test @ 32 days after exposure and tested non-reactive (with index value of 0.15)
2) Negative HIV 1&2 TRIDOT blood test & Non-Reactive HCV test.
3) Tested the CSW at 8 days after the intercourse. She was found to be negative.

Would you still recommend me to get the HIV 1&2 TRIDOT blood test done at 3 months?
Forgot to mention above in point 2) that the test was done at 46th day after my possible exposure.
3 months post exposure is when you can obtain your conclusive test result.
Thank you for ur reply. But I still wanted to know the %age of assurance the above mentioned tests give. I have read that 95% of the infected people tests positive between 4-6 weeks post exposure. However in my case the CSW also tested negative. So considering this how do you assess the risk in my case.
Well the doctors/experts on this site would state a 99.89% accuracy for the duo at 4 weeks, and 98-99% accuracy at 6 weeks with either an antibody only or combo test. The fact that the CSW would add to the confidence, so you can retest at 3 months to be fully conclusive, but if your not confident with your results now, then don't bother walking outside your house tomorrow, you might get hit with a meteorite ;)
Fact that the CSW tested negative**
There are no tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative test result earlier than 3 months post exposure.
I know, that's why I advised him to test at 3 months if he wants to be absolutely sure
You never had an exposure.
It's clear he was obviously suffering from anxiety, so if a simple test would ease his fears and put an end to his stress then I would damn well recommend one!
You never recommend testing for a no risk issue to an anxiety frazzled person. Apparently you have no idea how many people have committed suicide by receiving false positive when they didn't have an exposure to begin with.
Thanks a lot for a detailed clarification but I would still want to know if ever there has been a case of a male here on this forum or anywhere else in your knowledge who tested positive at 3 months after so many negative tests at this duration.
FYI...mine was a condom protected sex but they were super-thin latex condoms(so not too sure about their reliability) and to put my anxieties at rest I filled them with water to check if there was any leakage and found they were not leaking and it was quite visible there was no breakage also.
I am worried because I get unconscious headaches at times specifically when I sleep a lot, I had shortness of breath while talking before this but it has became severe, had 1 day high fever of 101 at day 31 which came down after taking medicines but cough with phlegm continued for 2 weeks, no rashes till now at 7.5 weeks, but don't feel like studying, lost my focus may be coz of guilt within me.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp