HIV Prevention Community
Risk Calculator

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Risk Calculator

This is not a question. Just a Risk calculation tool for all the worried wells

Chances a CSW or woman is positive Very very conservative 0.01
chances as per experts in one exposure 0.0005
Risk Unprotected exposure or condom Break 0.000005

1 in 200,000

Chances using a condom, Debatable but just to put a value -Protected exposure 0.001
Risk 0.000000005

1 in 200,000,000
Two Hundred Million

Chances of being Hit by a lightning 1 in 2 million
Chances of Winning a 5 number Lotto 1 in 10 Million
The only way to know your status after an exposure is by testing.
I agree. I can delete the post if you want me to
hhhuuummmmmmm
By your handle I can guess that you have been tested and are negative. Thats excellent news. However, while I'm sure you now wish to impart to others your experiences I don;t think posting "risk caclulaters" is the way for you to do that. Infact, if you don't understand the topic matter well enough, you should not be posting at all and trying to offer advice.

There was another chap on this forum a couple of years ago, who started posting all these obscure "risk caclulators" in his threads. All of which were total rubbish. The fact is these are statisical risks used to gauge infection rates among certain control groups and studies. It;s like saying to someone; "well go ahead and have unprotected intercourse, it not like the odds are against it". It just encourages people to take risks.

As Teak and Lizzie have said in their many thousands of replies; use condoms each and every single time you have sex. Be responsible for your own sexual health. And ultimately the onyl way to knwo your HIV status is to test, regardless of the odds. To quote Teak; "odds are for the dogtrack" and not a tool to gauge your status.
No...I have not been tested and it's only been 3 weeks since my last potential no risk exposure ( as judged by the experts in this forum).
This post was not to encourage unprotected sex nor to engage in any risky behaviour. The intention of this post to try and alleviate some anxiety of the worried wells.
BTW i looked at your profile. I am sure you are one of those that think after living 3 months with HIV anxiety and googling about HIV and finally testing negative, they know everything about it.
I would suggest you to move on and let the advice be given by experts.

Request the moderators to delete this entire thread as the intention was never to put people into a false sense of security