HIV Prevention Community
The final push!

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

The final push!

Hello all, I am currently sitting waiting for the phone to ring to give me my results. Should be anytime now. TO say i am scared is putting it lightly. Long story short i stupidly had unprotected sex with a csw in thai. Very very stupid!!! Anyway i have so far tested neg for chlam and gon. Had no recognizable ars symptoms except for a tonsillitus type bug at 11 weeks after exposure. Just wanted some support as i am getting so wound up!
A one time unprotected encounter such as yours is unlikely to result in an HIV infection. Shortly you will see...I bet when the phone rings and you answer, the person at the other end is going to say something like "your test result is negative for HIV." Just learn from this and always use protection from now on.
Mate i wish i could have the same confidence. And mate i can assure you that i will never ever be repeating this again. The event occured when i was travelling when i had split up from my long term g/f who i loved immensly. It has made me realise exactly what i want and should everything come back ok i get the green light to resume things with her. I have promised myself that if i get this chance i am going to ask her to marry me!

Where does your confidence come from hopeless4now? Thanks for trying to calm a very stressed man down! lol
The statistical likelihood that you acquired HIV through unprotected vaginal sex with a known (which you don't know right now) carrier is around a 1 in 2,000 chance. That's a 0.05% chance!! HIV is not usually spread through one time events, but rather through repeated risky behaviors (not to say it can't happen through a 1 time exposure, but it usually doesn't). That said, it is most probable that your result will be negative today and you will have the green light to move on...let us know when it does. Good times are coming!
Thank you so much for taking time out to try and calm me down. lol. Still waiting for the call. God i hope your right!
yea unprotected was a mistake, but hey everyone makes mistake. Learn from it and move on. Like Hope said, it is rare for one time transmission. Also, docotor on this forums said again and again that many CSWs are negative. If you would have noticed that many people on this forum are scared after having sex with CSWs. That said, all of them goes through same feeling as you are going through. Hope for the best and believe in God.
Argh still no call. You get the feeling they like leaving people in suspense. lol. So you truly believe i am not completely doomed then hope? lol
I think you will be very happy at some point today (hopefully sooner than later). Statistically you are not doomed...the odds are in your favor. You will see, I bet you will have a new lease on life anytime now...it will feel great!
Just had a phone call!!! NEGATIVE!!!!!!!! What an amazing feeling!!!
Time to celebrate! You got the green light!
Ah indeed mate. So much was riding on this for me and i was determined that if i got this chance i was going to make it change me for the better. i can get back with my beautiful girlfriend, keep the job i love (i work for her dad).

I pledged that i would sign up to give blood, and donate to an aids research charity, both of which i will do this minute.

Thanks so much for your words today mate, they have been invaluable to me! I intend to stay on this forum and help people in the same way you helped me today!