HIV Prevention Community
URGENT! Need for HIV prophylaxis

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

URGENT! Need for HIV prophylaxis

48hrs ago I had sex with a prostitute in Singapore.   I had used a condom the entire time and had vaginal intercourse with her.  The condom stayed on the entire time.   At the time however, I had a 2x2mm pimple on the corona of my penis, that had just burst 1 day before and was quite red and swollen and had some small amount of pus coming out.  Immediately after I climaxed, I went to the shower and washed myself off with the condom still on.   I'm thinking now though, perhaps some water/vaginal fluid flowed and pooled into the condom as I was then flacid in the shower.    
   I've heard that prostitutes in Singapore get tested and the government is quite strict on screening sex workers.   But I've also heard that the prevalence of HIV can be as high as 5% in high risk taking groups in Singapore.  Also, many 'customers' of prostitutes don't consistently use condoms, and also visit much less stringently screened prostitutes in neighbouring countries around South East Asia.
    I heard from someone that having an open sore on your penis increases the likely hood of you being infected with HIV.   Is it true that this happens because there are more white cells, and increased inflammation/ vascular permeability, and blood flow at the site of the sore?  

I haven't been able to concentrate at work all day and am thinking of running to a clinic to get some truvada prophylaxis before the 72hr cut off window ends!  I know it can cost around $900!  But for me it's worth the cost!

Someone please help!  
Attached picture of popped pimple (open sore) on penis.
http://pixpin.com/viewer.php?file=DSC05770-jed7.jpg
you had protected intercourse..nothing to worry..
dont worry about the secretions getting into the condom during your shower
you had no risk for hiv
im guessing u went to geylang or orchard tower.. since u had sex with a sex worker.. the place u went is it the govt approved 1 or street 1?.. well as long as u had used the condom properly, u r safe..
It was orchard tower.  Is that an approved place?  Which places are approved and not approved in Singapore?

what was it? Did you get it sorted and what did you use to cure it