HIV Prevention Community
What should i do?....

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

What should i do?....

Hi friends of the forum:
           I know I said I was going to be gone for awhile but i have no else to speak to...tomorrow will be my 8TH WEEK possible post exposure, tested 7TH WEEK NEG-RAPID BLOOD TEST, and i do see my Doctor tomorrow to see if all my symptoms are hiv ARS  or hiv anxiety/stress related..should I just stick to the plan and test at 12th weeks or should I test tomorrow and wait for the results. For the last 10 days i've developed sweaty armpits w/slight pain, stiff neck, possible lymph nodes are swelling now, headaches, and possible cold sores forming, w/slight nausea this morning. Each week when I developed a symptom i went right away and got tested for HIV and all stds, all neg when i got the muscle aches, 2 night sweats, sensitive skin/burning feeling,nauseau, joint pain, sweating and hugh pimples on back & buttucks-i haven't got a thefever or rash yet, the highest twas 98.8-9. What should I do??? Thank you all for opinions and thoughts, i'm also in the anxiety community and they said i should address my new concerns here. Please bear w/me as I have no one else to talk to.
T.
Many of your symptoms can be brought on from anxiety.
when i went to E.R a couple weeks ago, that's what the attending Doctor said that it was anxiety,but it's so hard to belive...i said to him this has to be the HIV ARS in my body,..why would i be in such pain..then he gave me atavan thru i.v then i was out like a light,..we'll see what my doc has to say tomorrow..
what was your exposure?
Avatar n tn
7 week test is very good; what was exposure?
Yeah I know its hard to believe, I suffer from anxiety and it gets really bad if I think I am sick. I convince myself I am sick and then its like you can imagine the symptoms and swear they are there, which assures your mind that yes indeed you are sick. Its a rough cycle.
        25/male  My exposure was one of the worst-anal intercourse(i was bottom) and the condom broke, don't know if semen was involved or not. It's been a long seven weeks my friends and i still have until May 16th to get a conclusive,..his hiv status,...unknown.
Don't worry I am going through the same thing. You're negative 7 week is unlikely to change, but get another test at 12 weeks.
Avatar n tn
Where is your joint pain? because i have it, I think, in my lower back and hyp area. I do not know this typical in HIV infections, but I cam curious. Any body knows joint pain usually occurs in a particular area?
my joint pain is pretty much gone,..but when i did have it it was knees & wrists..today i have neck stiffness-left side of neck is tender, i just checked tem, no fever, no rashes as of yet, and the headaches suck. no diarehear as of yet.  cold sores are developing too, one on left side of cheek and one inside lower lip. i wish i were seeing my doctor today,...this my 8th week post possible exposure, new week, new symptoms...itchy throat too for a couple of weeks. i thought once you get ars or during  or after ars you will test pos..who knows...
Joint pain can be from anything, I probably wouldnt even try to connect it to HIV. Stress/anxiety can cause lots of muscle and joint pain. Everytime I start to get anxious over anything my muscles ache.
Avatar n tn
I have been coupghing like cracy (and stuff comes out), and I can feel that I pull/use/ and hurt my lower back when I try to cough. Perhaps from that?

Also, no way that the symptoms from HIV would continue that long for you Tony. They usually go away within weeks.
ars usually happens 2-4 weeks after exposure.
what if i doing that seroconversion/ars right now? i really need some information on this because i havent a clue and i really need to be educated.
The acute retroviral syndrome is the body's response to infection with HIV. As such, it is a multi-system process, with multiple manifestations. The signs and symptoms of the acute retroviral syndrome typically appear 1-6 weeks following an exposure to HIV, averaging 2-3 weeks after exposure. Signs and symptoms persist for an average of 10-20 days.

The signs and symptoms of the acute retroviral syndrome are non-specific. There is no minimum number of signs and symptoms necessary for diagnosis, but fever (usually high) typically is present in over 90% of the cases.

I would not go by symptoms for HIV. You should just get tested at 12 weeks, it should be negative.
when do you test pos for hiv? before, during, or after ars/seroconversion?
Avatar n tn
So baller, my case, high fever (101) and cough (with stuff) could be part of this HIV symptoms? I thought it was the flu; I still have the terrible cough with lots of yellow stuff coming out. Now back and hyp joint pain? could this be HIV? But no rash and no lymph nodes.
i'm also expericing sweaty armpits for the last 10 days too
The Ars symptoms doesnt matter and doesnt change the seroconversion time, one person may have symptoms at 10 days and test positive at 45 days, another can have symptoms at 30 days and test positive at 14 days, and another (the most) have all the symptoms from day 1 to day 90 and never test positive (becouse the where never infected), so forget about ars symptoms, and relay on tests.

Good luck
it's so hard man :(,..i'm truly, truly am, but it's hard..thank you for writing to me i'm hanging on to my 7 week neg but of course i will test at 12th week for conclusive..i hope this is my anxiety/stress getting the best of me,..my mind is running rampid.
yeah don't worry. At 7 weeks 95% of tests are positive so it is very rare you will be positive after this.
i'm seeing the doctor tomorrow guys, i'll tell him everything and all the symptoms that i've exprienced since Feb 16th until Today,..i'll post tomorrow evening with what he says.
my 12th week will be week of May 5th,..so close yet so far..ugh.
i know its very hard, but you have to look for the positive things, like your 7 week test that in very encouraging, and if you want to shorten your wait wy dont you contact that partner and ask him to have a test together, if he test negative know and tell you which was his last exposure you can close this anxiety right know.

good luck (and forget about symptoms)
You don't have HIV Tony.  It's EXTREMELY rare for someone to seroconvert after 6 weeks.
thanks snippet for the encouragement,.you guys are all helping me get thru this window period...everything little bit helps, You'll all be at the finish line with me come May 5th no matter what. :)
Avatar n tn
can you please respond to my question above about fever etc?
No doctor can tell you that you are having ARS until after the fact. The fact is you would need to test positive for him to say yes you had ARS symptoms.
The same of the other answers, the symptoms means nothing, 50% of hiv positive people didnt had symptoms, so they doesnt make a difference, the only important thing is the risk of the exposure and the test.
Avatar n tn
ok, thanks, does my case say anything, symptoms after two weeks?
Symptoms don't say a think when it comes to HIV. HIV has no specific symptoms.
thank you Teak for your answer re: ARS