HIV Prevention Community
another needle question

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

another needle question

hi
i asked this question privately and didnt get a response. It's simialr to worried's question.
I am 59 year old  and got stuck by a needle picking up my dog's poop from the park. The needle stayed on my finger till i pulled it off. There was some blodd inside the syringe so dont know how long it's been there. My finger bled a little.

is your guy's repsonse to this similar to Worried's scenario? should I seek PEP? Is this still a sctach or cut or since the needle stayed on that means something else
I would just like an answer please
If you read the reply given to worried that same reply goes for you.
Avatar n tn
thank you teak.
so blood in the syringe poses no risk? i.e  cant seep in through my cut?
Avatar n tn
unlike Worried's scenariio, the syringe was still attached in my case, so is the response the same? in his case, he didnt even see a needle

may i please get an answer
You did not inject into a vein. NO RISK.
Avatar n tn
if  needle with hivs not inject vien ,no risk?even in muscle?
Hi - this is a very old thread, and belongs to someone else.  Please use the "post a question" button at the top of the page if you have a question of your own.