HIV Prevention Community
blood

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

blood

anybody,help! I met a prostitute last monday ,and she gave me a masturbation.during the case ,I found there was a open wound on her hand,and also the blood was bleeding.I am very afraid that I may got HIV throught that,because the wound touched my penis directly and I don't konw if there was wound on my penis too.was i at risk ????
No you were not at risk for HIV. The virus does not survive outside its host (body)
first thank you !  I konw the virus does not survive outside its body,but i mean the fresh blood
on her hand may touched directly the wound on my penis . Still no risk ???WHY???
if your wound was large enough to transmit HIV you wouldn't be getting a hand job. Cuts, nicks ect...start to heal from the inside out and would inable HIV, in addition will not become active once inactive.