HIV Prevention Community
bloody paper tissue with cut

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

bloody paper tissue with cut

Last week something stupid happened to me, that makes me worry so much.
I was in the office kitchen, and I cut my bigger thumb from rigth hand with a knife when trying to cut an orange fruit.
Just a little cut of 0.5 cm. There was a little blood running out. I clean the wound with water and soup, and then I was going to bathroom, and by mistake I put this finger on a paper tissue with blood on it (around 50% of the tissue was with blood),
used by my colleague to clean his blood from running nose. The blood must been there for a few seconds, not minutes. I could see some redness/wetness on my finger.

Is this a risk?

Cheers,
No risk.
Avatar n tn
really? Even if the blood from tissue wasn't dried?
Avatar n tn
?
No risk
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.
Avatar n tn
even if the blood was in wet state, it's not a risk?

re-read what teak told you