HIV Prevention Community
can I get HIV from hair cut?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

can I get HIV from hair cut?

I am so worry about HIV
last Saturday, I went to a barber shop
before shaving my face, the barber replaced new razor and shaved his face (I think he try the razor)
I didn't see any from his face
then he shaved to me, I feel he cause some scratches
when I came back home, I asked my friends about the scratches, they said no blood from these scratch
I want to ask can I get HIV from the barber if
1. the razor had some his blood (very small blood which cannot be seen by eyes because I didn't see his blood after he shaved him self)
2. I have some scratches which didn't bleeding (or very small blood we cannot see by eyes)
thanks for your time  
i would never get a shave from that barber again, no decent barber would use a blade on himself first and than a customer. the answer your first question how do you know there was blood if you couldnt see it, rule of transfer a virus is no blood out , no virus in. I worried about hep b and c from reused blades. hiv is not a risk .
thanks for your reply
but I heard the HIV can transmit through very small blood that we cannot see by eyes
and HIV can pass through the scratch (even if the scratch isn't bleeding)
some doctors in my country said that
I don't know that is the true or not
not true, end of story. you are not at risk.
i don't think so, coz if it does everyone has HIV right now. Am i right?
whatever
Avatar n tn
wow how many times are you going to tell the same story and ask the same question? ii have seen you post numerous posts about this situation if your so concerned go get a test its as simple as that
oh no
I am new member
this is the first time I ask this situation
the exposure just was 5 days ago
I am so worry, so I ask
this story is true 100%
I want to know how is the blood from HIV positive men and the the scratch form HIV negative men to get HIV?
the very small blood that cannot see by eyes can transmit HIV or not?
HIV can be transmitted through any open cut, whether blood is visible or not.  But HIV can't live long outside the body.  The less blood, the quicker it becomes ineffective/dead.  There was no risk for your situation... NONE. ZERO. NOTTA.  You don't even need to test.  
ok if the HIV can transmitted through any open cut does this including hurting by fingernail alos? cous that whay are u saying?
It means that if someone's infected blood or body fluids get into your blood stream you could possibly get HIV.  

But what you posted here... Using a razor after someone else and "hurting by fingernail" (?) wouldn't put you at risk.  

yeh but you said whether blood is visible or not.
What I meant is that you don't need to be able to see blood for there to be an opening into somebody's blood stream.  

You're talking about an open air situation.  If there was HIV present which is HIGHLY unlikely, it would of died almost instantly
thank all
I agree with jack2008
I am worry if his blood touched the razor blade, but it was very small and invisible
I don't know what else I can tell you hottoc.  Your situation is zero risk.  If he sliced his face open and then immediately started to hack at you with the blood soaked blade, ok..Maybe
it has to be from blood to blood and be mix but as my friend snippets69 no risk dud
in fact i had scratch many times and sometimes with blood and not and they say no risk so no risk dud and wish you good better life
thank you
but I think his blood didn't soak the blade, because I don't see any blood from his face
I am just worry if some his blood still remained on the blade, but the blood was very little that we cannot see
I tell you more, after he sliced his face, he hacked me immediately
I am really anxious
I am so sorry if I bother you  
Please give me advice about my case
thanks very much
please help me to clear my answer
Thanks a lot
You were already given then answer no risk.
I don't understand why you keep asking for advice; you've been given advice!
Will you keep asking until someone will say "yes there is a good change that you will have AIDS"???

Well that won't happen (just be relieved and happy about that!) because there were no open wounds (and no, a very maybe tiny cut with invisible blood would NOT count as open wound) on either you or the barber.
And even if there had been and if he had AIDS himself the changes STILL are very minimal that you would get AIDS this way.

I do think it's not very hygienic barber-ing, but that might be just me.

*shrug*