fREAKING OUT

I had protected sex with a sex worker but during intercourse the condom came off for a few seconds before we noticed.

2 days later I got a blister on my mouth and started panicking about oral herpes.

About 3 days later I started urinating frequently, slight pain and abdominal pain. I got tetsed for Chylamadia and Gonorrhea at 7 days which has came back negative.

I was relived at this but then was told that these results could be wrong as the window for testing is 10 - 14 days which sent me back into a panic so I got retested at 14 days and am waiting for the results.

I then started panicking that I may still have a STI and if I have that I could have caught HIV. I then made the mistake of looking up HIV symptoms and a few days after looking them up I strated getting Diahorrea and a sore throat so now I am so worried I can hardly eat.

I have a 28 day HIV tested booked for next week but I am terrified the results come back positive as it would mean I loose my wife and daughters.

I know a lot of this can be brought on by the panic attacks and negative thinking but it is so hard to stay positive just now
Your risk is extremely low. In the UK, less than 1 in 1000 CSWs have HIV. Further, the average frequency of transmission from vaginal sex with an infected partner is 1 in 1000.

When you do the math, the chance that you got infected from your encounter is less than 1 in a million. You probably wouldn't be nearly as worried if the girl was a civilian and that is how you should approach this.

Get tested as you have planned, but please realize that your anxiety over the situation is not commensurate with your risk.

If you are getting a DUO test at 28 days, a negative result would be a very good indication of your status, and unlikely to change at 3 months.
Please use the search function to find previous threads with this information. Everything that you asked can be found there.

This forum is for assessing people's HIV risk- it is not a general HIV information service.

And please do not post questions in other people's threads.
Thanks for the reply

What is the risk factore in SE Asia
What I've seen on here it seems like if a person has true ARS it is more than likely to present with fever.  Not sure about if there are a certain number of symptoms grouped together or if they generally tend to follow any pattern.  Not understanding why that information is not better documented after all this time.  If you look on most websites you will see they all say that it would be like flu like symptoms.  General yes but I understand this is why thery are saying not to use symptoms as a way to diagnose.
Your symptoms initially sound like that could be a Urinary track Infection.  
Prevalence is higher in SE Asia. However, it is not as bad as it used to be. Less than 5% of CSWs have HIV.

That changes your risk, but it is still relatively low- about equivalent to your lifetime risk of getting hit by lightning.
Thanks Joggen

Feeling better after reading this as well as every symptom I thought was an early sign of HIV is here.

http://www.npadnews.com/anxiety-symptoms.asp

Roll on day 28
ARS symptoms usually come all at once, not one after another. 2-3 days is too early for symptoms to appear, and diarhea is not a typical primary symptom, although it is typical anxiety symptom. 28 days test can give you some information about your status. However, it's too early for checking. Test at 6-8 weeks for a realiable result, and at 3 months for conclusive. And refrain from unprotected sex with your wife until then.
Anyhow, your odds are very good.
Hi again

Got the gonnorhea and hylamadia tests back from 14 days also negative which was a relief for a couple of hours b4 I started thinking the worse agin.

Had some jelly like discharge from penis while I was defacting, this has happened twice since the encounter so I am also getting checked for NSU, Syphilis, herpes as well as HIV on wednesday.

Catch 22 here - scared of the results but need to know
just had the DUO test done - hopefully hear tomorrow
HIV 1 & 2 and HEPB all negative, will get done at 3 months as well but that was a relief
Good news