HIV Prevention Community
hiv through fingering?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

hiv through fingering?

Would it be at all possible to get HIV through someone fingering your rectum?
I was fingered by a guy and I have no way of knowing if he had a cut in his finger although I didn't notice any cuts (although I'm assuming that I would have noticed any MAJOR bleeding). I am also quite positive if there was a cut if was at least 30 minutes old so there probably wasn't any bleeding whatsoever. He only inserted 1 finger and it really wasn't rough or for long (30 minutes), but wouldn't it be even REMOTELY possible for him to have had a cut on his finger, bleed even a residual amount into my rectum, and have given me a microscopic cut in my rectum from the fingering and I would then become infected? There was also saliva involved, so I'm assuming that would even further inhibit chance of tramsmission!
I saw that there have been ZERO documented cases of infection through fingering, and I'm wondering why that is?
Is it that you would need a significant amount of fluid exchange to infect someone (ie even a small cut of nick would not be sufficient for infection?
Would it be because cuts clot so quickly that it would need to be a super fresh cut?
Would it be because HIV dies in light/air so quickly, that blood exposed to air/light before insertion would render the HIV "dead" mostly (and that someone would have to literally cut themselves inside you while fingering you?

A theoretical risk still exists I know (biologically), but would the person literally have to be oozing blood from their finger and have to pretty much have JUST cut it or have cut it inside of you and even then a microscopic cut route of infection would be rare?

Is it safe to say that any cut or nick that wasn't serious enough for you to care about or notice poses no risk?
Fingering is not a risk of contracting HIV. It doesn't matter if you have cuts, nick, abrasions or hangnails.
Avatar n tn
Why is that? I know it doesn't really happen because nobody has EVER seen a case even suggesting fingering as a risk, but I'm sure every day thousands of people finger or get fingered with cuts/small nicks/wounds. Is it because HIV is tough to infect someone with and needs lots of fluid to infect generally. The rectum is a thin membrane, so it seems likely to me that a bleeding finger could cause transmission.. or is it that the finger would have to be gushing blood?
Avatar n tn
I;am a dancer sometimes the guys like to thouch my vagina and i was just thinking can I get HIV or any other disease from that. Other than that that's as far as I let them go. Am I ok.