HIV Prevention Community
i think i have hiv

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

i think i have hiv

i recently had sex with a shemale who I believe has hiv as many people have told me she has after the intercourse, at first we were having protected sex and after a few minutes it was fine condom still on and then the next minute after putting it back in I realised it felt different, the condom was off so only a matter of maximum a minute we were having unprotected sex what make it worse is I have a sore on the tip of my penis ( I had this even before the intercourse) and im not circumcised which I heard makes it more likely to contract it. after a week went by I started developing symptoms first  had a sore throat for 2days then a cold for 2 days then was sick for 2days then a runny nose for a week and now over 2 weeks after the incident a dry cough for 2 weeks and a small blotchy rash on my chest after 2 weeks also, it is not itchy btw. and now mouth ulcers for 2days no fever though or tiredness. are these normal symptoms? I know the only way is taking a test. the incident was 4 weeks ago altogether now and I still have a dry cough and rash on my chest. if I was postitve would it test positive now?f I know the only way to be sure is to have a test but is this normal?
The Only way to get out of this is to have the test...
get test in 3 months if negetive ,wear two condoms for sex
Go for a 4th generation duo test at 4 weeks & follow up with an antibody test at 12-13 weeks.
You can obtain your conclusive test result 3 months post exposure and ignore 9789 double condom statement. It is totally incorrect and can causing a condom failure.
Hi Teak
why you say double condom is less safe than single condom.
It is harder to break two than one ,
Move on. I stated why you never double up on condoms.
but are these symptoms common? I heard if u have a symptoms its mostly always followed by a fever but I haven't had that at all
dude it's been a month since exposure. Go get tested and then go from there.
1 month is a good indicator 3 months will get you a conclusive. Post your results if you can. Best wishes.
some walmarts carry an rapid oraquik home test. walgreens carries them also. cost about $60 bucks. Or go to a clinic you might be able to get checked out for free based on your income.
I've read that there are possibilites of false positives so if it comes positive you should have a western blot test done to confirm that or go speak to a physician.
Two condoms is more dangerous... Condoms are designed to be warn individually wearing two can cause friction between the two latex layers increasing the chances of them both splitting... Just get a decent brand condom and keep it on.... I'm also waiting for the 3 month test but the difference is I had vaginal sex with a csw of unknown status who will not answer me weather she is poz... Sick to death