HIV Prevention Community
is symptom of acute hiv is seen after 5 weeks

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

i had unprotected sex with a girl of unknown hiv status ,now today is starting of 6 week i experienced little pain in my throat ,is its symptom of acute hiv
symptoms dont diagnose hiv...only a test at the appropriate time will tell one's status.

at 6-8 weeks post exposure, you can get a very good indication of your status.  follow up at 3 months for a conclusive result.
Plz tell me that if symptoms occur they occured in 2-4 weeks or after 4 weeks
ARS symptoms appear 2 to 4 weeks after infection.The 3 classic ARS symptoms are very high fever,very sore throat and rash on trunk--torso and limbs,however Lizzie Lou has given you the best advice and that is that testing is the only way to establish one,s Hiv status.AT 3 months post-exposure you can obtain your conclusive result.All the best.
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers