If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.
its me again,Test results are back ,unprotected vaginal sex
Hi everybody, especially Vance and Teak , i dont know if you remembar me, i posted few days ago about my exposure,and you told me that i had a serious risk and should be tested ,and symptoms are nothing , anyway i will explain again for people who are in the same situation as me ,it may help,and also because i have a very important question,to summarize my situation : about 8 weeks and half i had a one night stand with a girl ( 100% not prostitute ) ,we had unprotected vaginal sex for 30-40 minutes and handjob ,i didnt ejaculate in her , also i am circumsized , after the exposure with 7 weeks i had an unexplained rash not painful and not so itchy ,with no reason, i still have the rash till now(but its going away on its own) ,and i had very little rise in temperature and runny nose , i would have never thought about HIV because these symptoms are the FLU ,if it wasnt for the rash, i believe i have a strong immune system, never had a rash (only chickenpox when i was little) so that what worried me,also i run daily for 5 kilometres and still do ,so i had only 2-3 symptoms after 7 weeks , i got scared , i posted here and asked questions ,the answers were that i am at a risk and could be infected or not,and only testing would tell me my situation , so i went today and got tested , My questions :
1- i got tested for anti - hiv 1 + 2 , the test is called ELECTROCHEMILUMINISCENTA (HIV Combi) , i live in central europe but i guess test names are the same everywhere , from what i understand its 4th generation also its called ECLIA not ELISA , is it better?same?worse?
2-my results are Anti-Hiv1+Hiv2 Negativ , but they didnt post numbers like 0,016 or 0,4 or these that i usually saw posted here from lab results , it means i am Negativ and should stay calm ? i didnt pick the result in paper yet ,they sent it by mail to me ,tommorow i will pick it up
3-i have dont this ECLIA anti hiv1+2 after 8 weeks and few days from my exposure , the results are 98% correct ?i am negativ? or i am still 50% negativ 50% pozitiv ?
4- when should i do another test and what type? although i dont have a sexual partner nor i will in these few weeks ,too much work and exams
1. the same
2. it means you can stay calm
3. i would say the results are 99% accurate but you need to test at 12 weeks just for the protocol (don't worry, you will be fine)
4. 12 weeks post exposure, the normal Elisa or the test you had said in 1)
Thanks everyone . i was today at the lab to pick the results ,from what they said that the ECLIA is much faster and somehow more accurate than ELISA and that a 4-6 week post exposure is 95% accurate results , the rest 5% are those suffering from leukemia-radiaton or chemotherapy-drug use-other list of stuff that i dont , and said i dont need another test , but anyway i can do another to assure myself even more , i will do a normal classic ELISA at 12 weeks at a special hiv/infectious diseas hospital here , but anyway i was feeling like i had a big stone pressing over my chest and cant breathe out of fear,i was almost sure that i had hiv,because of the rash,and i never ever suffered rash and am nt allergic to anything , lack of other symptoms i said maybe my immune system is v.good given my age and me taking care of it , so i want to say thank you all for answering my annoying questions and if anyone reading this and in the same situation as me, i say get tested and you will feel like you were born again, Thanks all
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.