HIV Prevention Community
low wbc count

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

low wbc count

have had a blood test and all results came back fine except my wbc were slighly low 3.8, had unprotected sex about 1 and a half months ago. how low does your wbc generally get with hiv. is that low enough to be conclusive. or is it fine.
WBC does not mean you have hiv

Only an HIV antibody test will give you a true result and answer
that should be low wbc
ok. but is that quite low 3.8 or just slighlty low. how low would it genrally be for a hiv infected person?
I've never had a low WBC due to HIV and I've lived with HIV for the past 24 years.
wow. how have you lived with it for 24 years. i thought you genreally had around about 10 years.
Your thinking is incorrect. Most people who contract HIV, takes their medications religiously live out a normal life span.
you had unprotected sex...you need to test!!!

an antibody test at 6-8 weeks will give you a good indication of your status...but follow that up at 3 months for a conclusive result.  the blood count that you had done doesnt mean "squat" when it comes to diagnosing hiv.
IM TERRIFIED.
ive had unprotected sex with a 36 yr old man (ew), who has an (ex) gf who doesnt have to good of a reputation =O (escort)
(also i dont quite remember the encounter due to intoxication and being on MDMA.. im pretty sure he didnt use protection though and im not at all sure where he ejaculated or if he even did.. but since hes old i decided it could be very likely he have a cut on his penis due to sex maybe)
i am a 20 yr old female (mostly white)
around 4 weeks after i seemed to be getting sick.. i felt like i was getting the flu ( i got the chills and weird sick pains) ..i also had somewhat of a sore throat. The flu feeling only lasted one day but the sore throat lasted for about 2.. (only in morning and night) and i also had a runny nose (morning and night).
but thats not at all the scariest part.. about a week later i started having odd pains that later after MUCH research i diagnosed myself as having peripheral nerve pain.. it was happening in my arms, legs, hands, feet, sometimes even my head. (mainly in pulse spots).
after so much research it seems hiv and diabetes are the most common and maing source of this issue and even though not as common it CAN happen in acute stages of hiv.
(and for more information.. the night before i starting having nerve pain i was in a car accident.. however, i dont remember any complications or pains after it..besides the nerve pain. also, i took ecstasy about 3 times, aprox. 2-4 pills each time and im a VERY small girl. i also think i overdosed on aderall and have been drinking alot prior. god, this sounds horrible!! but maybe these have some explanation of my nerve pain?????)
anyways.. it has been 4 months since possibly being infected and i have not yet gotten tested because i am just too scared. i dont know how anyone wouldnt be. i feel like my life is over and it is impossible to have a negative test. after crying the past 3 days straight i have been considering possibly going to counseling and maybe even hiv meetings (if those exist?) to help me accept this problem before i get it clarified. =((

i went to the doctor yesterday.. (i have a stomach ulcer.. from all the drinking and MAJOR stress and anxiety) for a follow up.. and to get my lab results (i took standard blood tests and GEEZ i almost had a heart attack before i went in because i guaranteed myself that the results would be abnormal.) but they were all normal. my WBC was 9.0 and everything else had no cause for concern or anything. however, i know that regular blood tests arent usually or always affected by hiv.. so yeah.
=(
and my down days i was talking to my ex boyfriend.. but i wouldnt tell him what was wrong. and after he assumed i must be pregnant or have an STD i told him thats not the case and i dont EVER wanna talk about it. i almost puked. i NEVER EVER wanna have a conversation like that again.. but it seems like i will be.

I know i sound horrible with the drugs/alcohol/sex, but i have improved and relaized after all this how important health is. unfortunately, its too late.

idk, im just venting.
and i feel great remorse for anyone who is in my situation or anyone who has been diagnosed with this horrible disease.
Life is so surreal and dark for me right now, thanks for listening.