HIV Prevention Community
may I have a risk

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

may I have a risk

I went to a public pathroom,and use its disposable tooth brush,but gingiva got a cut.If the  tooth brush is infected,May I have a risk.
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Thank you,leak.And I also want to know what is the laboratory conditions exactly be,In our living enviroment all the HIV can not alive and spread?
And what is the host?thank you
Have ever be someone infected by use the wrong tooth brush?thank you
No there has never been anyone infected by using someone's toothbrush or razor.
Thank you,Teak.And I also want to know what is the laboratory conditions exactly be,In our living enviroment all the HIV can not alive and spread? .How long  the HIV expose in the air can die?Thank you so much.
HIV is not alive it is either active or non-active. Once outside it's host it become non-active.
If the one who have got hiv and healthy one 's b gingiva oth blood,is that have a risk?
No.