HIV Prevention Community
muscle pains and stiff neck 17 days after exposure, what are the risks ...
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

muscle pains and stiff neck 17 days after exposure, what are the risks ?

Hi
  I would like to get your feedback regarding my exposure as the feedback from my doc got me really scared.
17 days ago I was at a massage parlor. I had a full body oil massage for one hour, at the end the masseuse offered to give me protected oral sex. When giving me protected oral sex she licked my balls once and sucked them twice.
  I had no visible cuts so I did not worry much by then.
  2 days later I started having a tingling feeling at my groin and It felt as if it was swollen.
  I went to the doc and he made a swab test for bacteria and the swab looked yellow, he told me it is not a good sign and it is usually a sign of infection, he gave me doxycyline 200g for 10 days.
  He recommended a full STD test including HIV, I got really scared and I told him that I used protection he told me there is a a possibility for micro injuries through which the virus could get into the body.
  The doxycyline helped me with the early symptoms, but the last days I started to develop pain in my muscles in my left arm specially under my armpit and feeling stiff neck. I have finished doxycyline since 4 days now but the muscle pain is persistent, the pain disappears in the mornings but I start to feel it starting round 3 pm. Are these early symptoms of HIV or other viral infection ? what other STDs do I have to worry about due to my exposure?
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
173692_tn?1371540094
Move along, you never had an exposure and you've been posting non risk issues since 2008.
Blank
thanks teak for your answer, if i had no exposure how do you explain the symptoms I have been experiencing, are there other STDs I need to consider ?
Blank
173692_tn?1371540094
I'm not concerned about your symptoms they don't have anything to do with HIV.
Blank
Yesterday i woke up with my left jaw and face feeling swollen, i am 21 days post exposure, the muscle pains in my left arm feel milder but have a stiff neck specially in the back of my neck it feels swollen, i tried to check my lymph nodes but can not tell if they are bigger than usual,   is it the beginning of ARS or a viral infection ? what other stds can cause this.
Blank
Please help me i am starting to panic..
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Seek a therapist for your anxiety and reread what Teak has told you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...