HIV Prevention Community
nuru massage- HIV exposure??

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

nuru massage- HIV exposure??

Hello Doctor. I went to a nuru massage- naked body to body massage. This involved the masseuse rubbing parts of my rectum with hand lotion and using a lubricant to rub my penis.
No genital, oral contact nor vaginal intercourse. The thing is that she sat on top of my back…
I did not otherwise come into contact with any vaginal secretions (other than when she was sitting on my back and moving back and forth rubbing her breasts in my back and possibly her vagina in my butt while she was moving. But I noticed she was wearing panties Supposing she was HIV+ could her fluids be in contact with my bloodstream??? Could she pass me the virus just like in receptive anal intercourse? what are my chances? she was wearing panties and I was lying on bed with my butt facing up, I am afraid she rubbed her ***** on my butt and there was vaginal discharge, even though she was wearing panties!!! What are my odds? I am sure I had no wounds nor broken skin or external piles. But if I had any of these I would be in risk of exposure to HIV right?
It wasn't slim, he never had an exposure. Females are more prone than are males. It's more difficult for a male to contract HIV from a female than a female from a male.
At no time were you ever at risk of contracting HIV from masturbation.

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child
HIV transmission takes place inside the body not outside it.
Thank you so much for your reply Teak. I really appreciate it. The thing is that she rubbed her vagina on my butt. If there was vaginal discharge and if I had broken skin or external piles I could have been exposed to HIV(assuming she was HIV+). Could not I ?????
Thank you so much for your reply RainLover71. But imagine that I had external piles or broken skin around my butt!!! She could have transmitted me the disease through her vaginal fluids even though she was wearing panties. Could not she? What are my chances? Was it likely to happen? I am very concerned, this was on October 2nd 2012. I think I am going for a HIV 28 day test! Thank you for your answers guys
Hi Teak. Sorry for bothering you again on this issue. So, basically, you think I don´t need to go for the HIV 28 day test? Are you sure that HIV does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host?? Maybe after a few minutes, but if it is just a matter of seconds does not it maintain its infectiousness? So please consider this: if a guy has a broken skin or external piles around the anus and the other guy precums or ejaculates there the risk of contracting HIV would be zero, low or high exposure? I am sorry Teak, I am just very confused
You did not have an exposure.and you don't need testing.

HIV is transmitted by;
Mother to child
Your exposure to HIV is slim, non-existence. Take it from someone who's once was in your shoe. First, you must understand complex structure of virus to gain better understanding how viral infections are transmitted. It is not easy to transmit HIV compare to other viral infection, CMV and EBV are few of many.

In near future you may want to consider from visiting massage parlor to avoid future stress. It is simply not worth the stress.

HIV is more proven to transmissible from female to male, unprotected sex being a major cause.

Good luck.  
Your right. I was in such a rush typing that I lost my train of thought. Thank you for clarification.
I feel more people should be educated about other viral infection then HIV. HIV should be least of peoples worry if their risk is non-existence, like the op.

CMV, EBV, HHV6 should be more of a concern then HIV. Lately, these strain of viral infection are known to lead to path of Chronic Fatigue, more deadly then HIV - it may not kill you but will make your life a living hell.

Besides, people should abstain from visiting prostitute, not worth the stress.

This forum is HIV specific.
Thank you so much for your clarification DDKing10. The thing is that I am so afraid that some of her vaginal fluids might have been in contact with an anal fissure that I possibly had(I am not even sure if I had or not an anal fissure) that I am afraid the vaginal fluids could have entered my bloodstream through that potential anal fissure. And you are right DDKing, I am not going to visit neither massage parlors nor prostitutes ever again. And I agree with you, I should understand more about the complext structure of HIV. These questions may sound stupid for you guys, but I am aware that I am quite ignorant on the way the disease can be transmitted and so are most people in my country, Portugal, where they even fired a cook at a 5 star hotel just because he was HIV+ and the judge found that the dismissal occured for justified reasons claiming that he could possibly cut himself while preparing the ingredients and transmit the virus to the customers through food!!!!! I am not kidding. This happened recently in Lisbon, Portugal.
Anyway, I just thought that if I actually had an anal fissure and if her vaginal fluids have entered it, then it would be highly unlikely to get the virus.

Thank you so much for taking your time with me guys.
Thank you so much for your answer Teak.
Hello Teak. Thank you so much for your patience. The thing is that the massage was for more than 30 minutes, hence my HIV concerns about the amount of vaginal fluid that could have possibly entered the anal fissure. Shouldn´t I be worried about the fact that the massage was for more than 30 minutes? I promise you guys this is my last question regarding this issue.
Read the answers that you have already been given.
Thank you so much for your reply Vance2335. I have read the answers Vance2335. But I had never mentioned how long the massage lasted. Can´t the duration of the massage contribute to qualify my situation as a potential exposure?
But if I had an anal fissure, an actual amount of vaginal fluids could have been passed to me, even though the masseuse was wearing panties, correct? And you guys say it does not constitute an HIV exposure??? What if it got inside my bloodstream???????

The thing is that the massage was for more than 30 minutes, hence my HIV concerns about the amount of vaginal fluid that could have possibly entered the anal fissure. Shouldn´t I be worried about the fact that the massage was for more than 30 minutes? I promise you guys this is my last question regarding this issue.

Should I not be worried about the amount of vaginal fluid that could have possibly entered the anal fissure????
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Hello Teak. I am so sorry for questioning again in what you consider to be a no-risk situation to HIV. I only have two doubts. One is that on the 17th of December(about10 weeks )after I had the body to body(nuru) massage(2nd of October 2012) I had a cold or a flu and had some fever for 2 days, with maximum temperature of 37.4 degrees celsius- 99.3 fahrenheit. Can ARS symptoms occur after 10 weeks after possible exposures? How likely is it to happen?

I asked a friend of mine about this "possible"(possible for me, I know you guys say this was a non-existent exposure) and I got worried because he told me that if she had only vaginal fluids I would never be at risk but if she had some blood mixed on her vaginal fluids and if these fluids came into contact with the anus or an anal fissure or mucous membranes, then I could have been at risk. He also told me that if she was bleeding from her vagina(if she was on menstruation) it could go through her panties and put me at risk. My encounter was at 18pm and I did not notice any red stains on her panties. I don´t think she could have been bleeding profusely but please suppose she  was bleeding just a little bit from her vagina. Would I be at risk?

Teak and other expert users on this issue, Can you please please give me your valuable opinion on this issue?
Please direct any further questions on this situation to a mental help professional. Your question was thoroughly answered and this forum cannot help further.
Dear Joggen. I was asking for the assessment of a possibility which I had not considered yet!!!! Can you consider the risk of this possibility?
You would not have been at risk even if she was actively bleeding and you were covered in blood, and blood got in your anus. HIV is not infectious outside the body as you were already told. When we give you advice it's up to you to be able to use reasoning to apply it rather than let friends that are not educated in HIV set your anxiety off with incorrect information.
Dear Joggen,

Thank you so much for your answer. I know that recently I have been suffering from HIV stress/anxiety/paranoia, I have been already told this by a professional on this issue.

I am afraid I might had an anal fissure and considering what my friend told me, I am afraid a drop of her blood(supposing she was bleeding a bit) could have entered my bloodstream through an anal fissure. I asked a renowned M.D. on this issue in UK and he told me that if it was vaginal fluids they would become not HIV infectious right away after being outside the masseuse´s vagina. Hpwever, I did not ask about blood? Are you telling me that blood contaminated by HIV also is not infectious outside the body?? Does not the HIV carrier´s viral load also play a role on this matter?

I am so sorry, I am very confused now... So what if an HIV positive guy get into a fight with a HIV negative person and if the HIV positive starts actively bleeding and if the other guy has an open wound and if some blood of the HIV positive guy gets into the other persons´s bloodstream through the mentioned wound? In order for a HIV transmission to occur, Does not it depend on the size of the open wound/ on the amount of blood that gets inside the wound/ on the viral load of the HIV positive guy?

I am quite sure she was not actively bleeding, I am just afraid that maybe a drop of blood entered an anal fissure. I brought the aforementioned example of a fight as I have been told that it can definitely lead to an HIV transmission!

I am very confused now...
Thank you for all your help.
There is nothing to be confused about. HIV is not transmitted outside the body. HIV is transmitted by:

HIV is transmitted by;
Mother to child

What part of "HIV is not transmitted outside the body don't you understand?"
Are you telling me that blood contaminated by HIV is not infectious as soon as it gets outside the body???????
Yes, that's what this means.

So is HIV from surface cut to cut more theoretical than what really happens? I saw a post from Dr. Robert James Frascino( from thebody.com) and he mentioned that in a body to body massage the only chance of getting HIV is if both people are bleeding profusely and have deep wounds. However, some people have been reported to have contracted HIV by being hit by a blood drop on their eyeball.... Haven´t they???
Dr. Bob is correct. I have nothing more to say about this.
Joggen,

Thank you so much for reassuring me on this matter.