HIV Prevention Community
oral hiv risk

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

oral hiv risk

Hi, ive read through numerous posts where this sites stance is that there is no risk for transmission via oral sex. Is there still no risk if you have gonorrhea of the throat? ive quite possibly had it for a few months and the nurse told me she's seen cases of oral transmission, which of course now has me concerned, given that I've now got flu like symptoms. So does gonorrhea increase any risk at all, or still zero?
No, it doesn't increase it at all, still zero. The only time an STD will increase your rest is with unprotected vaginal and anal sex and it has went untreated for a long period of time.
Thanks very much for the quick response teak. Just the nurse using scaremongering i guess!