HIV Prevention Community
possible Thrush on tongue, mouth sore, ucler Risk of aquiring an STI/HI...

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

possible Thrush on tongue, mouth sore, ucler Risk of aquiring an STI/HIV?

I am a heterosexual white male 18 years old. 3 months ago I had a sexual encounter with a white female 18. I got unprotected oral sex. Then I put on a condom before intercourse. It lasted 10 minutes before I pulled out. I never ejaculated this entire time. I have no knowledge of her past sexual history, probably extensive.
Nothing abnormal until a month and a half later (about 6 weeks after encounter, I developed this sore/ulcer (probably 3/8s of an inch in size) in the back most right area of my mouth. I have gotten canker sores before many times, but never in this area or of this size. It was painful. I had a nurse practicioner do a culture swab of the sore, and then she drew blood to test for herpes and syphilis. Tests came back negative for HSV 1, 2 and syphilis. she also tested for old antibodies and that was also negative. She said it looks like the canker sore was healing.
The canker is practically healed today. I had a cold a few weeks back that seemed pretty standard, runny nose and stuffy nose. Today I saw when I was just checking everything out in my mouth, I found what looks like thrush on the backmost part of my tongue. The back of my throat was also very red. It does not hurt to swallow, but it looks like the thrush wants to spread further on the tongue. I'm now scared. I've never had thrush before to my knowledge. My taste buds on the back of the tongue that seem to form a
you had protected sex and unprotected oral but as the doc says it has never been proven for the insertive partner to get hiv from oral sex or at least to rare to worry about. I can't give figures on what "too rare" actually is maybe someone else can chime in on that. I also believe thrush is a symptom of hiv later on in the virus not an ars symptom and symptoms are never a reliable indicator of this virus according to doc. I would get tested if you must but I would be willing to bet a lot that it will be negative based on the experience you describe. God Bless!
Thank you so much for your response. Im taking a bio class at school and I am really curious, would an HIV viral load or low helper t cell levels be something that would have been seen/checked for in the blood test done for the herpes or syphilis? I am so stressed out. I feel so guilty. Any idea how to treat for Thrush?
nystatin (eg Nystan oral suspension), amphotericin (eg Fungilin lozenges) or miconazole (eg Daktarin oral gel).

seeing you are taking a bio class, google is a simple means of aquiring data. It's just important to find additional information to back up your findings, such as from verifiable licensed medical sources. The Internet is full of valid and false information.

If whatever caused the thrush can be brought under control, such as a supressed immune system, the infection is likely to go away after a few days of treatment with a fungicide.