HIV Prevention Community
protection

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

protection

Had protected anal sex with lady who dates professionally.  Condom stayed on no obvious breaks.  Had NAAT test at 13 days still waiting for results.  Have had 5-6 loose bowel movements with regular bowel movements in between.  Is this what they mean by diarhea (diarrhea)?  It has been 19 days since exposure.  I asked her if she knew her status she claims to be negative and to test regular.  I have also had a few episodes of a sweaty forehead which I hope is only too much cover at night.  Because it is so early just curious about "early symptoms as described on the net.
Tags: bowel
no need for you to wait,no risk for you.
Protected sex is protected so there is really no need to worry. You will be ok.
No need to worry about small holes in condom?  I just glanced at it and it appeared to be grossly intact.  Is anal sex that much more risky than others.  I did not notice blood or anything
you apear to be a go to ofr information any thoughts
Anal sex is much riskier than others when unprotected. However, you used protection without condom failure so there is not really anything to worry about. Also, there are no small holes/pores in intact latex or polyurethane condoms large enough to allow HIV through...hope this helps some.
Thanks for you advice..I was thinking in my overly analytical mind that the physical act of intercourse/initial insertion could have produced a small hole, or would any hole produce or make a noticeable tear in the condom
a small hole?it's just your thinking,no risk for you,guy.
If the condom was used correctly and it didn't noticeably "break open" there is nothing to worry about regarding small holes. If small holes were the case then the HIV pandemic would be much worse than it is. People who use condoms don't get HIV through sex...and think about the countless times sex has occured and the countless times that small holes could be (but are not) present during these acts...still no HIV with the use of condoms.