HIV Prevention Community
rash question

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Maybe razor burn?

rash question

I got tested six week negative and going for a rapid blood tomorrow 12 weeks.. My question is about the rash associated with ars. At least a month after unprotected exposure I noticed a couple red patches on my lower neck and then probably 7-10 on my upper. Kinda look like excema or psoriasis but they dont itch. They are still there over a month later. Does the rash with ars stay for that long. Also is it spread all over the trunk like measles or can it be localized. I know symptoms are not a valid indicator so if thats all you are going to say please dont reply.
If it was ARS you would have had a high fever and other symptoms...ARS is not just ONE single symptom.

You need to see your doctor about the rash if it doesnt go away.

your 6-week negative is 90% accurate. Your test tomorrow will be negative.
Avatar n tn
Its lower side neck (collar area) and then extending down the upper back. probably ten spot in all biggest one the size of a dime. Just random red patches, kinda scaly when you look close and they fade to almost gone or totally gone with hydrocortisone
Avatar n tn
Forgot to add that after the hydrocortisone wears off, they come back in exactly the same spot. No itch but maybe a very mild sunburn/ hot feeling.
Avatar n tn
thank you for the replys.