HIV Prevention Community
test PCR

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

test PCR

Hello again

After having a display of mutual oral sex without ejaculation, I did a quick test at 6 weeks i Detection antigen p24 HIV antibodies 1-2 giving negative

Today I visited the doctor and I still have problems swollen glands, malaise, some peeling of the skin and stomach pain has told me to get tested for HIV RNA PCR, as I have said that the rapid tests six weeks after Detection HIV p24 antigen antibodies 1-2 i getting a negative result are not conclusive and need to take another test this, so I have a bit scared again, as it can be within the window period

This is so? I can be safe with me I did the tests.

thank you very much
You did not have a risk.
Yes, I do not understand is why the doctor tells me to do this test because it is more definitive and it is possible a change in the window period
  A greeting