1526478 tn?1302753344
thrush?
So back in December i had my first genital herpe outbreak and was put on valtrex and about a month ago i had my second. Its April now, So what.. 5 months have gone by already?.. a few weeks ago close to the ending of march i was in the hospital because i had a flare up from my colitis and was put on metronidazole. its been about a week since i finished my antibiotic, And i Checked my mouth out in the bathroom because i was about to brush my teeth and when i opened my mouth i noticed a white coating over the back of my tounge.. nothing else was effected but my tongue.. also on both sides of my cheeks, in the same exact location, is a small bump,( anthole looking bump) i think i might have bitten down on  it at some point, But my question for any one out there that is willing to answer is.. since its been 5 months now.. is it a possibility that it can be HIV? Can it take five months for thrush to appear or is that too soon.  i havent really been sick accept for the fact that ive always had sinus problems since i was a kid and the colits incident when i was 17, and my relapse just a few weeks ago,but i just want to make sure i can rule out some possibilities before i become a hypochondriac.
Cancel
8 Answers
Page 1 of 1
What would the exposure be? Like what exactly did you do to put yourself in a risk?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Did you test for HIV after your unprotected anal sex?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1526478 tn?1302753344
i have not because i don't have health coverage as of the moment,I heard that there are free HIV and std clinics around but I've never been to one so i'm not sure how they work.  All i did to put myself at risk was get too drunk, and have unprotected sex with someone who was at the time considered a "friend". After i confronted him in the angered state i was in i told him my situation and that he needed to get checked himself. Well he messaged me on facebook a week or so later and told me he got checked and everything came up negative, but i don't know whether to believe him or not because all these things atrted occuring AFTER i had intercoarse with him. sad story dude.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
It appears your friend can,t be trusted,so look after you own health and enquire about testing for hiv and other STD,s at these clinics your talking about.Your the most important person in this situation.Get all your tests done and put this unfortunate situation behind you.Take care and good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1364665 tn?1291610692
Most people who are HIV positive will not lie about thier status. However, It's hard to tell if you're neg or not without testing. YOur thrush seems to me not HIV related. With OHL and Thrush, they may appear any time and in healthy people. OHL is not usually found during seroconversion. If experts says that it appears early in the disease, they are talking about usually within a year of infection. Same with thrush. Thrush or glossitis / OHL usually are signs of overt AIDS and do not appear until a person had HIV for many years..

Look, take a test now. your exposure was 5 months ago, right? any result beyond 3 months is conclusive.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1526478 tn?1302753344
Well that actually put me at ease, to a certain extent.. I work at a nursing home and I talked to one of the RN's in my unit. She asked me a few questions as far as my health history and she told me the same thing basically, but I'm just worrying about it being more that it really is. Yes, i will get tested for my sake, but for your statement, your saying it doesn't necessarily mean i could have HIV/AIDS? It could very well be from my antibiotics or some sort of imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the body? (without testing theres not way to be sure, i know)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1364665 tn?1291610692
Yes you're correct. Your thrush does not suggest an HIV symptoms. Just relax and get your test. I know things will go well after. Make sure to never have unprotected sex again to someone you don't know the status.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1526478 tn?1302753344
I will definitely follow the advice your giving me, and i appreciate all your help. Whether you, care after this post or not, ill let you know the results lol
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703