HIV Prevention Community
weakly reactive rapid test

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

weakly reactive rapid test

Some of you might remember me from 6 months ago, my exposure was with csw and negative tests out to 6 months, at the end I was still not convinced that i am hiv free. Last month I got drunk with my frnds and told them about it they took me back there and I did the same mistake again. After 11 days I got flu like symptoms with diarrhea and a few pink spots on my stomach. Next day I ordered a PCR from labcorp which I am still waiting on... They have not sent a result yet! So I went out and got a rapid test and it showed a weakly reactive result... twice! They took my blood sample for western blot.... any suggestions? My exposure was full massage and protected oral/vaginal but I had 2/3 sores diagnosed as folliculitis by a dermatologist. Thanks...
the sores were on my thigh just below the genitals.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.

Seek professional mental help.
Teak,
This is a separate incident and I just had TWO positive tests, please have some mercy on me, I just got this news today...
labcorp hasn't sent back test results in more than 2 weeks
You didn't have a risk. MOVE ON.
it sounds like you didnt have a risk. i would think that you took long to sero but you said you just went throu ars. so i dont understand how lyou could be infected from this last exposure
I had another exposure a month ago
"My exposure was full massage and protected oral/vaginal but I had 2/3 sores diagnosed as folliculitis by a dermatologist"

You were not at risk for contracting HIV.
that was not an exposure.
i know thats why i did that, but can't ignore a positive test - twice.
then you are hiv pos from the first exposure. not sure about your story. when you   get infected you will have symptoms. its there, very mild or severe. either way you will know ,
After my first exposure i did have fever and sore throat and I had numerous tests CD4 counts till 6 months all negative. and good CD4 counts. 11 days after this second exposure I got very mild symptoms including fever, pink rash like spots and diarrhea. and now I have 2 positive rapid tests on day 22

I think i was infected through the sores the second time even tough it seems highly unlikely or maybe the condom didnt work
doesnt matter. if your cd 4 count was high or normall than you could still be infected. usually that means your immune is doing ok fighting the virus. even if you had a pcr rna with a normall or high cd4 could cause the viral to be undected. lots of poeple test pos after six months, due to there immune system. not lots but it does happen.
you need to get the western blot result to know your hiv status.
From the exposure he summited you didn't have a risk. PERIOD. By the way you can't order a PCR test for Lab Corp.
i used request a test, just got off the phone with labcorp they still dont have the results ready to be sent to request a test. they are taking for ever
i know the previous exposure was relatively higher risk than this one but the timeline suits this exposure better like ARS and test data, I think it was now that I got infected, what irony :-(
So what you are saying you went to a Lab Corp testing facility and was tested?
I ordered a test from request a test and went to labcorp PSC and they collected my blood for PCR test. I have not heard back from them yet.

In the mean time today, since it had been 12 days since onset of fever I decided to get rapid antibody test. It was clearview statpak that came back with a weak line, the counselor repeated the test and it was the same so she collected my blood for WB.
Besides not having a risk. You took a rapid test to early.
i know but it came back positive, this mean i am hiv+
You ever hear of false positives. You didn't have a risk. I hope you don't think you are going to do like you did on here the first time and like you did on AidsMeds. It's not going to happen.
how long from you first exposure. ?
your neg unles wb shows differently
more than 6 months from the first and only 22 days from second.

teak: I believe what I did the first time lead to my down fall. Instead of believing the tests I went out and had another risk... I was  very nervous and did all kinds of tests. I should have believed that i didnt get hiv that time much earlier... the tests were negative all the time. Now its positive. I thought about false positive but this labcorp people are taking for ever which hints towards a positive also since the run the pooled PCR so it would take time to get to the infected sample....
if you are pos that means you took a little more than six months to convert. that can happen. as far as the pcr goes. that is not going to give you a conclusive result. it can say negative and you could be positive. its possible to be undectable even six months after the exposure.
I highly doubt i was infected 6 months ago
The reason for someone to take longer that 3 months to have enough detectable antibodies.
1. A person on Chemo
2. A person taking Anti-rejection drugs for a transplant
3. A chronic IV drug abuser.
4. Severe immune suppressed symptom.

Which floydian doesn't fall within any of those.
teak, have u ever heard of 2 false positives with faint lines?

just hoping still, while there is no hope left
Yes and also a false positive elisa test. What part of you didn't have a risk is it that you don't understand. You didn't do anything to have a risk. You are starting your game like you did the first time you were here and it's not going to continue.
doctors and science do not know why it is that some people make antibodies in 25 days or within three months or whenever. they only know the most people seroconvert within three months or so. there not sure why some take longer. those very few. unfortanely./ lets not forget about the 1 percent they say that takes longer than six months. also, the cdc says if you get a hcw or needle stick that you should test to six months to make sure. then if you have clinical signs of hiv/aids you should continue testing. always test three to six months after a very high risk known exposure. not that you are floy.
Dont waste your life by obsessing with HIV, If you are negative at 3 months thats it. I did that went on testing and look where it landed, i didnt trust my tests till i went out had another exposure and then the test turned positive. It was all ironic, please dont waste ur life like i did
The 1% is the ones I've listed.
I hope/wish you are right. If my PCR and WB next week come back negative I wont ever take a risk / test again.  
You still think i might be negative?
too late. i went throug this a year and a half ago. i thought i had hiv. i didnt. i can laugh at it now. i had diareah. everything.. anyways this time. i knew. one day i woke up and got the swollen lymph nodes that was huge. i mean big./  then fever and chills . its was crazy. i was so scared. it was too real. its scary when you get it. and it doesnt go away. what happens is. you dont get sick after ars. its last about a week maybe a week and half. after that it starts to attack your skin and mouth. not thrush , but sore on top of roof, and inner lip. blisters. it *****. i got folliutus , i have a scar. anyways. and your lyphnodes hurt mildly. for me i belive i have it.  
lymph node swelling is found after the onset of fever not before in general cases of ARS. Also even with all the symptoms it cant be hiv after so many tests in your case
i hope you are right . good night. good luck with your test.
anyone here who got a weakly reactive rapid test twice which turned out to be false positive? thanks....
Could you tell me what I should make out of the situation? please help
Zimmerman... I read his first exposure and he was protected in that exposure as well; so he didn't have a risk for either

Teak...

Zimmermann says
"doesnt matter. if your cd 4 count was high or normall than you could still be infected. usually that means your immune is doing ok fighting the virus. even if you had a pcr rna with a normall or high cd4 could cause the viral to be undected. lots of poeple test pos after six months, due to there immune system. not lots but it does happen. "

indicating that if you have a strong immune system it could take longer for you to test positive...

Is that true??

(now I am concerned about my negative results at 10 weeks... still going back when I get home)
No it doesn't mean if you have a normal immune system it takes longer to detect antibodies.

It's drugs that cause people to have a delay in their antibody production.
what about steriods? I was put on steriods for my skin

Drugs like pot? does pot suppress your immune system?

Or Drugs like meds and crake, coke

No on steriods
No on pot
Yes on IV use of drugs.

If you would have looked above the question was answered.
I know that you have told me and many others that

"The reason for someone to take longer that 3 months to have enough detectable antibodies.
1. A person on Chemo
3. A chronic IV drug abuser.
4. Severe immune suppressed symptom."

I just wanted to cover all the bases Sorry

But thank you for clearing that up for me
The PCR test came back negative, it took too long for labcorp to get the results back ( 12 days)

I had flu like symptoms 10 days after recent exposure
negative PCR at 11 days
and weakly reactive rapid test at day 21(twice)

what are my chances?
tha\ts awesome congratulations!!
its not all that congratulatory cause:
1. PCR test was prolly taken too soon
2. PCR cant detect all subtypes and none of HIV 2
3. antibody test is the gold standard
You should prob. never have another sexual encounter as long as you live...

I believe teak informed you; you were not at risk.
if you are so worried go take a test at the 3month mark (elisa... for 1 &2)
the WB done that day came back negative but Dr HHH didnt reply but rather deleted my whole thread. On Friday when they gave me the WB results I went to my physician and he ordered a WB from quest which came back intermediate.

This is so unfortunate that its almost ironic... I dont know what I will do now...
Teak thank you for your help, I should not be coming here any more as I have a diagnosis now no longer worried well. If you still believe i didnt have a risk, sorry but I was the unlucky one....

save the drama floydian!!!
You didn't have a risk, don't have HIV. Go play somewhere else.