Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Can anyone suggest any treatment to trigger hair growth?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

So to give some background info I first got alopecia around 10 years ago. Since then i've always shaved my head near enough daily (bic, not trimmed). My hair grows quick so even after a days growth the patchy-ness in some areas is visible. I feel too concious to go out in public so I just end up doing it daily. I stopped using nizoral around the same time resigned to a lifetime of being bald.

Anyway so now my parents are on my case to grow it back. I said that even after a few days the patchyness is visible and I got some stupid comment form my dad to grow it long and then get the barber to just not shave that bit with the trimmers to it 'levels out'. I tried to tell them that it's more the lack of dense growth than anything which is noticable and no amount of growing is going to conceal that. But you know how parents can be once they have something to nag about.

So I wanted to see if there are any treatment options out there I can look at to maybe retrigger growth? I suppose my biggest concern is not so much the growth but making sure the growth in the affected areas is as dense as un affected areas.

I am thinking about going back to using nizoral again too but i've read that it's more effective when used in conjunction with other treatment. btw im 27.

Also not sure if this is something I also need to keep in mind but I read on another thread that masturbation can contribute to hair loss. I am quite sexuallt active so between masturbation and sexual activity I am probably knocking out between 1 and 3 'sessions' a day.

Im quite happy to contnue shaving my head every day but if there is a solution out there I can use ill gladly take a look. Although the parents nagging me is stressfull enough as it is I fear it could bring on another load of alopecia.

Thanks for reading, any advice is welcomed.
btw forgot to mention the affected areas are mainly on the top front half of the scapl and some parts of the right side.