Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Hair loss at 38, hormone imbalance, adrenal fatigue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hair loss at 38, hormone imbalance, adrenal fatigue

I am a 38 year old female who is experiencing rapid hair thinning and loss.  I have been losing the hair since the summer noticeable.  I had a saliva test which confirmed that I was producing high levels of cortisol, dhea, and testosterone.  My progesterone level was lower and my estrogen level was normal.  I am still having periods but they are more frequent and heavier. My blood test checked out ok for thyroid.   I have a very high stress job as a teacher and took a leave for a few months to hopefully get this problem worked out.  I am now taking progesterone, saw palmetto, adrenal vitamins, spiritelene, biotin, and other supplements to sleep as well as a low dose of zoloft and ambien.  I am still having trouble sleeping and am still seeing a lot of hair fall.  I am frustrated with trying different dandruff shampoos as I have dandruff.  How much longer will I see hair loss?  Is it from the meds or the shampoos?  I am eating  better and exercising and have only been on the hormones for a week and a half.  How long until I see progress with my hair?  Will I lose it all?  The dermatologist told me I have Telogen Effluvium.  I am frustrated and don't want to wash my hair every two days because when I wash it more falls out.  Help.
Tags: hair loss