Itchy Scalp
Hi I’m African American and I have a patch on my scalp where the hair falls out completely when I comb my hair regularly. However when I put braids in(so that the hair is not physically combed for a while) the patch of hair grows out extremely quickly, faster than the rest of my hair into a little puff. When I take the braids out and start combing it again regularly, the hair falls out completely down to a bald patch again. It also itches constantly. Do you know what is going on?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am also an african american who experienced the very same thing about 18=20 months ago.  However, after trying braids and then taking them down again I did not experience the hair loss again. I went to my physican and explained what was going on with me.  He had some lab work done on me and came back good.  Also, I thought it could have been a fungal infection on my scalp-- but it was not.  He prescribed for me to use a medicated shampoo to use daily for a few weeks-for the itchiness, no braids and a B12 vitamin to go along with my multi-vitamin I was already taking daily.  After a couple of months my hair started to grow-a little fuzz and now it's back. Not sure if you are wearing hair extentions but if so you may considered refraining from that for a while as well as hair relaxers and consider wearing hair natural until hair loss subsides and hair recovery happens.  Invest in GOOD hair conditioner and a stylist that's about healthy hair. Hope this helps.
A.A.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources