Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
does hair stop growing??? please help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

does hair stop growing??? please help

hi does hair stop growing at a certain length or will it keep growing your whole life. i read that hair only grows in the growing stage for 2-7 years then falls out and starts again. im just wondering because i had long hair then lost alot of hair and had to get it cut to my colar bones. will it grow back or have i had my chance at long hair??
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Hair keep on growing the whole life and are not restricted to a particular age only. The growth cycle of hair is in two phases, anagen or growth phase and telogen or resting phase. During telogen, the resting hair remains in the follicle until it is pushed out by growth of a new anagen hair.

‘It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...