Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
does hair stop growing??? please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

does hair stop growing??? please help

hi does hair stop growing at a certain length or will it keep growing your whole life. i read that hair only grows in the growing stage for 2-7 years then falls out and starts again. im just wondering because i had long hair then lost alot of hair and had to get it cut to my colar bones. will it grow back or have i had my chance at long hair??
Hair keep on growing the whole life and are not restricted to a particular age only. The growth cycle of hair is in two phases, anagen or growth phase and telogen or resting phase. During telogen, the resting hair remains in the follicle until it is pushed out by growth of a new anagen hair.

‘It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.