Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
pregnant & losing hair

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

pregnant & losing hair

Im 26 weeks pregnant & im losing my hair like nothing. Is there any treatment for it ? Will it grow back after i have the baby ? What can i do to prevent it happening ?
By the way , im only 18 . Help.  
  • hair fall ! (2 replies):
    Hi , I had straightning for three times. Now i have ...[more]
  • hair fall (2 replies):
    how to stop very terrible hair fall????
  • vhair loss (1 replies):
    whats the best vitamins for hair regrowth and thinning h...[more]
  • chemical hair burn (1 replies):
    i had a partial hair burn about a month ago.!!by a hair ...[more]
  • Hair thinning (1 replies):
    I have been losing hair like crazy. It's been 8 years no...[more]
I can tell you with great assurance that there is nothing to worry about, that your hair loss is a temporary condition. With my first baby my head hair got thinner and I developed some hair on my face. After the birth it all went back to normal. For my second pregnancy I developed luxurious head hair and all the hair fell off my legs. Then I delivered and returned to my less attractive norm.
Hair loss due to hormonal effects may be found in pregnancy. It is temporary. Your hair needs vitamins and minerals to grow that it can only get from the bloodstream. So if you want to speed up your hair growth and thickness you should limit the intake of fat and salts. Selenium, zinc and magnesium are some of the minerals that your hair needs and also amino acids and vitamin E will help in growing hairs. You can regularly massage scalp with oil, use protein conditioner to avoid loss and help growing, prevent exposure in hot sun etc.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.