Aa
A
A
Close
Pressure in base of skull
Whenever I bend over or pivot my head, I feel an intense sensation of pressure at the base of my skull and the top of my spine.  I have had a cold for the past two weeks that seems to be lingering including congestion of the sinuses and cough.  The cough makes the pressure worse.  I don't know how to combat this.  I have a constant dull, aching headache and have been taking tylenol religiously to try and fend off the pain.  I don't know what is causing this other than a cold.

What should I do about it?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi.

From what you have described, I believe that this sensation of pressure involves muscles in that area that can be strained and sored from your bouts of cough and colds.  The headaches can also be a part of this viral syndrome as well as some muscle and joint pains.

I suggest that you have yourself worked up for this persisting infection in your respiratory tract.  You may need to have x rays done in your sinuses and your lungs to see if there are any other problems.

Regards.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
sinus infection! (i din't realize how bad hey were). i had it two years ago and just like you ha constant headache, and an even more intense heachache/pressure in my head when i would turn my head or bend over. I had a cold for a few weeks and I let it go for too long. I didn;t start getting over it for at least a month. But apparently if you get some [perscription ]meds it can clear up pretty fast. its pretty important you get this looked at too i was told.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources