Pressure in base of skull
Whenever I bend over or pivot my head, I feel an intense sensation of pressure at the base of my skull and the top of my spine.  I have had a cold for the past two weeks that seems to be lingering including congestion of the sinuses and cough.  The cough makes the pressure worse.  I don't know how to combat this.  I have a constant dull, aching headache and have been taking tylenol religiously to try and fend off the pain.  I don't know what is causing this other than a cold.

What should I do about it?
Hi.

From what you have described, I believe that this sensation of pressure involves muscles in that area that can be strained and sored from your bouts of cough and colds.  The headaches can also be a part of this viral syndrome as well as some muscle and joint pains.

I suggest that you have yourself worked up for this persisting infection in your respiratory tract.  You may need to have x rays done in your sinuses and your lungs to see if there are any other problems.

Regards.
sinus infection! (i din't realize how bad hey were). i had it two years ago and just like you ha constant headache, and an even more intense heachache/pressure in my head when i would turn my head or bend over. I had a cold for a few weeks and I let it go for too long. I didn;t start getting over it for at least a month. But apparently if you get some [perscription ]meds it can clear up pretty fast. its pretty important you get this looked at too i was told.