Headaches Expert Forum
What could it be

Welcome to the International Headaches Forum. This forum is for questions pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, cranial neuralgia, diet and headaches, exertion headaches, facial pain, migraine headaches, occipital headaches, primary headaches, tension headaches and weekend headaches.

What could it be

Since almost a year I have been having occasional dizzy spells. When I say dizzy, it is not the room rotating feeling, but rather, feeling of loosing balance. This lasts for only a few seconds and it could happen when I walking, sitting in a chair, lying down, no pattern of time either. I always attributed this to my pressure being low as I take indral 10 mg twice with Aspirin twice and Trietazidine Dichloride 20 mg for my Microvascular Angina.

At almost the same time, I used to occasionally have this head ache on the left side of my head, not temple but middle part of my skull and feel a pressure or push toward my left eye ball. When I had these headaches, I felt like piercing something through my left eye into my skull. The headache would not stop even if I took pain meds. It would last for more than 8 hours sometimes and then go. I did not take it too seriously at the time as it only happened occasionally. I should also mention that my left eye was tearning. I don't remember any of this being connected.

Now the past month, I noticed that I loose balance more frequently while doing normal stuff, my head ache has increased. Now this past two weeks, when I lie down to sleep, I feel a loss of balance and it take around 10 - 15 seconds to feel ok. But if I kind of sweep my hair my under my neck, on the left side, while lying down I feel the imbalance again. I tried this on my right I don't have any issues.

I have woke up from sleep with my left hand tingling and numb.  I don't know if any of these are connected but I am writing everything that is happening to me in the past few months.

I went to an ENT and he did couple of test for my ear. It was discovered that I do not have any reflex for the Vestibular System in both ears and have high frequency hearing loss.

I do not work in an environment that has any noise to have this loss, nor am I a person who listens to music using headphone or earphone, nor do I like telephones.

Dear Friend,
I was unable to access the internet as i was out of station, hence there is a delay in my reply.
The main point of concern is about the absence of Vestibular system reflex.
Due to this, there are many issues you are facing. Frankly we really can't do much to tackle for this problem, but only aim at modifying the reaction of the body , for this reflex.
A good physiotherapist would be able to guide you on this.

Now as far as the issue of Headache,loosing body balance and dizzy spells to be grossly managed, i would suggest you to get a CT scan done. It's done just to rule out issues like focal changes in the brain or even to rule out migraine.
Also an opinion from the Opthalmologist would help us, as we need to be dead sure that the eyes are working in a perfect conditions.

Thus in a nutshell, the scanning of the brain would give us all the ideas about the present condition we are dealing with. However in case of reports being normal, then we need to discuss further.

Please discuss...
Since this is a payed service, I was hoping to see some comments to my question. I have not had any response.
This breathing technique will help with the head and ear problem.Do it everyday and do not give up before 6 months.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two middle fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed. Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
While doing anulom vilom, keep your eyes closed, concentrate on the third eye (point in between the eyebrows). When you can do more than 20 minutes, you will start to notice the benefits.
My migraines are the same--feels like it's near the back of my right eye. Odd it's always in the same spot. Here is what I posted on another post:  I have bad migraines that can sometimes (twice now) present like a stroke. Treximet gets rid of all of it. I go through about 50 a year. Mine started after a wisdom tooth extraction and got worse in Alaska, but are terrible and frequent in San Antonio. The weather always triggers them for me. I would recommend giving it a try at least. All the other drugs they gave me had crazy side affects.