Get insurance with a recent diagnosed condition?
I was recently diagnosed with a small area of skin cancer. I have no current insurance. Can I buy and insurance program that will cover treatment for this condition, or am I too late?
Dear monnie52,

Qualifying for private or individually purchased health insurance depends on where you live and there are only a handful of states that mandate guaranteed issue coverage which means that you can not be declined due to any health issues.

As for finding a carrier that would pay for treatment of a pre-existing condition, unfortunately in absence of prior coverage, I don't know of any options. I have known of people who made arrangements with their doctor to pay off for their treatment in installments.

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.