Questions about French Medical Insurance covering UCLA Emergency Room Visit
At midnight last night I took my fiancee to the emergency room because he was experience severe chest pressure coupled with numbness of the left arm. Its not the first time either, so instead of heading to the free 24hr clinic, where you would have to wait for 10 hours to be seen, we went to the nearest emergency room. This happened to be the UCLA emergency room.
My fiancee is a French citizen, and we assumed that his socialized health insurance from there would cover the emergency room charges. However, the doctors as well as the receptionist were totally evasive about questions concerning billing. We are getting married in one week, and we were told to expect the bill in two weeks. Does anyone know if his French Health Insurance covers international incidents? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.