Health Insurance Expert Forum
calendar year deductible problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

calendar year deductible problem
my company does open enrollment in August and the new plan kicks in September 1. However, the deductibles for the offered health plans are calendar year deductibles. I don't understand why anyone would be expected to sign up for a plan and pay the deductible for just 4 months which would then reset january 1. Is that even allowed? thanks
I have never heard of such a thing as calendar year deductible. That makes no sense 'cause obviously people buy insurance plans all year round. Maybe you can check once more with the insurer?