Hearing Loss Community
Fluid in ear
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fluid in ear

I awoke two days ago with impaired hearing in my left ear. It feels like there may be fluid or a build up of wax inside of my ear. Does anyone know how safe it is to flush your ears out by irrigation with a syringe and warm water?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732

Hi!
First of all since you do not know whether it is fluid or wax, it is best to consult a doctor ant get this investigated. If it is fluid then washing the ear canal can cause more problems. There are ear drops available to loosen the wax. However, you cannot use them if you have fluid in ear. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Blank
Thank you so very much for your advice, it is very much appreciated.
Blank
4430545_tn?1354480776
I would see your MD ASAP.  ASAP.  ASAP.
Blank
Thank you for your response, I have made an appointment with my family physician. I appreciate your input!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hearing Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...