Aa
A
A
Close

Hearing Loss Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

1 - 20 (of 766) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
at what point does a person with diagnosed SSHL, who has already been treated with oral steroids and tympanic injections of steroids, give up hope of experiencing any further hearing improvement?
brendajj9 | Last answer
Hello all. 3 days ago I was struck, open palm, directly on my ear, very hard. I immediately had a seeming loss of hearing with consistent ringing/muffled hearing and tones. No blood or fluid discharge from the ear at any time. I slep...
Nebulus1986 | Last answer
I m 47 years old and chronic patient of left ear tinnitus (constant) caused by Otosclerosis. Right ear dB level is above 50 and left ear is above 70. Dr had advised hearing aid in left ear but that too is not supportive due noise/ringing...
Afzaal | Last answer
Hi Last night my hubby slapped on my right ear so hardly . After that I can't hear anything on this right ear. If I take breath to stop my nose all air come out from the right ear. What happen in my ear. I'm so scare about this .
Dipa123 | Last answer
17085399_tn?1453590358
in 2011 I got what was called Labyrinthitis, it has now gone into year 5 and I get dizzy spells, balance issues every day. I had an MRI recently and it shows up a large anomoly compared to the right ear, can anyone shed any light on the ...
deezelium | Last answer
Hi all, I am a 51 y.o. retired language teacher. Most of my hobbies revolve around hearing. I've been singing on and off most of my life, as a soloist and choir member. I'm also a choir director and an avid birder. This last passion I...
Melisande1 | Last answer
I had severe to profund sudden hearing loss in the right ear with roaring tinnitus on 25th Nov 2013. Steroid therapy started within 12 hours and later intera tympanic injections for 1 month but no recovery. I live in Pakistan. In Feb 2...
fahed89 | Last answer
I’ve recently had a loss of hearing in my left ear for seemingly no apparent reason. I left it alone for two weeks and nothing improved so I had it checked out at my local ENT to see if there was a problem. They ran an audiogram, removed...
ThinkMaroon | Last answer
Hi everyone, I am new here and need some help for the sudden hearing loss in my left ear. I went to my gp who referred me to the ENT department at a local hospital. I had a hearing test and I couldn’t hear anything in the affected ear. I...
Edmondjames | Posted
Hi guys, Please help, here is my report of what happened Thank you Day 1: (2/28/12 - 2am - more or less) We have a small 4 wheel drive club and planned a trip to Big Bear. My buddy wasn't able to leave until real late so we waite...
Miisterjones | Last answer
Hello, I just woke up and I noticed that I could not pop my right ear, I've tried everything but it refuses to pop. I have been on a flight recently but it was a little over a week ago and I didn't have this problem in the days leadin...
Ilovecatzzz | Posted
Hello, I just woke up and I noticed that I could not pop my right ear, I've tried everything but it refuses to pop. I have been on a flight recently but it was a little over a week ago and I didn't have this problem in the days leadin...
Ilovecatzzz | Posted
I have found this forum very informative, however, at the same time, I am left feeling very discouraged because I am not reading much in the way of positive outcomes. I am going to explain my current situation and would love to know if ...
sixsticks | Last answer
Hi I recently had an MRI of my head on November 27,2015. While inside the MRI machine, towards the end, I felt discomfort in my right ear but did not discontinue the operation. Afterwords, when the MRI ended It felt like noises were muff...
lifeisrough | Posted
Hi. My girlfriend had a softball hit her in the face near the left cheek bone. This gave her a massive black guy as you can imagine. It went away but it kind of comes back every now and then faintly. And no the last couple weeks she co...
Carmatt | Last answer
I was a range coach on parris island recruit depot for 6 mos. teaching the m1 rifle qualifications daily from 7a.m. To 4p..m. Listening to thousands of rounds of 30 cal bullets daily. We had only cotton to put in our ears.i never notice...
robertdom | Last comment
I had an MRI for my lower back yesterday. They gave me ear plugs but they weren't correctly fitted. When they did the MRI, the noise was very loud- it didn't cause pain in my ears but it was loud all the same. After it was done, I wasn't...
kane316x | Last answer
I was diagnosed with SSNHL 8 weeks ago- profound 90-120db loss across all frequencies. I regained some hearing in the 500hz-1500hz but still 90db loss :( 50mg prednisone for two weeks, 6 ear injections later and I'm still completely dea...
Meltronic | Last answer
Hi, all: Been diagnosed with SSHL (sudden sensory hearing loss) and tinnitus. I understand that the etiologies are vastly unknown but largely either viral or from ear/middle ear trauma or exposure. I've been put on antiviral Acyclovir....
JentheEDDoc | Last comment
I was driving to work on October 14, 2015 and I heard what I though was an accident - a very LOUD boom. Later that afternoon, I noticed my ears were still ringing and my left ear felt full (like I just got off an airplane). I tried usi...
Cindy226 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hearing Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...