Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Hearing Loss Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

1 - 20 (of 777) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
at what point does a person with diagnosed SSHL, who has already been treated with oral steroids and tympanic injections of steroids, give up hope of experiencing any further hearing improvement?
  Posted
My left ear got infection due to sinusitis so I lost my eardrum. It happened two years ago. This week, my left started bleeding. I wonder if my ear got infection again? Or because of sinusitis? Please give me some advice. Thank you.
  Posted
Hello, has anyone had the above experience. I am blind and soon I am going to have CI surgery for one ear. I have near normal hearing in my other ear. I would like to know if anyone else has undergone such a process and there experien...
  Posted
152264 tn?1280358257
Odd question, but my dentist wants to start replacing my ancient huge fillings with crowns, and I seem to remember there's a lot of drilling involved. I'll wear earplugs, but am wondering... Does anyone know whether the high-pitched n...
  Posted
My boyfriend hit mW in the ear and head now I hear less and it leaks fluid will it heal or
  Posted
I went shooting yesterday. After we go to our lane I forgot to put on my eye protection so I take off my hearing protection. As soon as I take it off someone shot a 308. rifle twice. After that my hearing went muffled and my left ear sta...
  Posted
doctor said i have nerve drying in ear that casued SNHL he said its incurable i have no idea how i got it i have E-tube problem too during cold i hear less but when cold gone my hearing increase little if anyone has same issue like me pl...
  Posted
I am experiencing ringing in my right ear for 2 weeks and when I consulted doctor, he said me I had a slight outside ear contamination and gave me a few drops for that and eustachian tube dysfunction as well. I had drops and it was alrig...
  Posted
Hi guys, Please help, here is my report of what happened Thank you Day 1: (2/28/12 - 2am - more or less) We have a small 4 wheel drive club and planned a trip to Big Bear. My buddy wasn't able to leave until real late so we waite...
  Posted
About 7 months ago in the course of a week my right ear began to feel clogged, full, i was dizzy, had some vergito spells, pressure headaches, ringing in my ear and a sore neck. I've had a CT, MRI (showed sinus infection but I had a c...
  Posted
Ok so i was slap boxing my friend and i hit the right side of my head on the wall. Well my hearing on my right side got really clogged but i can still hear a little bit, and when i got home from school i tried to see if cleaning my ear w...
  Posted
Hello, I hope someone can give me some advice because I am starting to panic and I really need it. My boyfriend got a kick to the side of his head while training with some friends on Sunday and came back home claiming he couldn't hear...
  Posted
32 days ago I jumped off a catamaran (small boat). The drop was 6 feet and awkward. Upon impact I felt excruciating pain in my left ear. This was accompanied by hearing loss. I didn't really notice the tinnitus unless the room was silen...
  Posted
Could diminished hearing and balance problems be related? Could this be an issue with the eighth cranial nerve?
  Posted
z2k
A few weeks ago, I felt what was like fluid in my right ear. It happens every once in a while especially when I come out of the shower since I typically rinse my ear with warm water. Generally a headshake or ear pop or ear drain via tilt...
  Posted
I ate a strong space cake last weekend (but please let us not discuss the merits of such consumption; I regretted it immediately). At that point I had had an ear infection for about two weeks and was currently undergoing treatment with a...
  Posted
Hello all. 3 days ago I was struck, open palm, directly on my ear, very hard. I immediately had a seeming loss of hearing with consistent ringing/muffled hearing and tones. No blood or fluid discharge from the ear at any time. I slep...
  Posted
I m 47 years old and chronic patient of left ear tinnitus (constant) caused by Otosclerosis. Right ear dB level is above 50 and left ear is above 70. Dr had advised hearing aid in left ear but that too is not supportive due noise/ringing...
  Posted
Hi Last night my hubby slapped on my right ear so hardly . After that I can't hear anything on this right ear. If I take breath to stop my nose all air come out from the right ear. What happen in my ear. I'm so scare about this .
  Posted
17085399 tn?1453590358
in 2011 I got what was called Labyrinthitis, it has now gone into year 5 and I get dizzy spells, balance issues every day. I had an MRI recently and it shows up a large anomoly compared to the right ear, can anyone shed any light on the ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hearing Loss Community Resources