Aa
A
A
Close
Hearing Loss Community
This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.
1 - 20 (of 799) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Most cases of deafness are caused by damage to the tiny hair cells in the inner ear. This damage can be caused by too much noise, and it’...
at what point does a person with diagnosed SSHL, who has already been treated with oral steroids and tympanic injections of steroids, giv...
235 answers | 13 comments |
My father has tinitus, so I've always taken precautions to prevent hearing damage because Ive seen the effect it has had on his life. I l...
1 answer |
Hearing impairment, deafness, or hearing loss refers to the inability to hear things, either totally or partially. Symptoms may be mil...
I have had the strangest thing happening to me for years and after searching the Internet all over I came here to see if I can get an exp...
7 answers | 1 comment |
A couple of months ago I began to notice that the music in the car on my dives to/from work wasn't sounding the same, to be specific it s...
June 20-2016 I was hit with this medical problem, Had the tests from MRI to cats scan and ruled out all the tumor and stroke. They then f...
Please help: I had an infection while in the hospital. I was given Vancomycin for nearly a month and as a result I am totally and perm...
15 answers |
As a first note I've been diagnosed with migraines in my inner ears and muscle spasms in my head and neck region that are causing bouts o...
I'm a 19 year old male that went shooting the other day. Being a stubborn 19 year old I didn't wear ear protection. I shot a .380 handgun...
1 answer |
So i have had a hearing loss since birth and started shooting around age 13-14 on the trap discipline with a 12G shotgun. Im now 16 and a...
So i went to a shooting range yesterday, and stupidly didnt wear hearing protection. shortly after it was pretty hard to hear quiet nois...
27 answers | 3 comments |
Does anyone know a good/affordable place to buy hearing aid batteries?
1 answer | 1 comment |
Hearing Solutions One of the best hearing aid center in India in terms of good services and quality hearing aids brands. They provide spe...
Hi guys, Please help, here is my report of what happened Thank you Day 1: (2/28/12 - 2am - more or less) We have a small 4 wheel d...
12 answers |
I shot a 9 millimeter about two days ago that's about 24 rounds. I didn't have any ear protection at the time. My left ear was ringing wh...
I shot a 9 millimeter about two days ago that's about 24 rounds. I didn't have any ear protection at the time. My left ear was ringing wh...
I have recently been diagnosed with a type of migraine that affects the auditory portion of my inner ear (produces permanent or temporary...
Hi, I was at a skeet shooting range six days ago, and I was wearing inadequate 17 decibel custom earplugs. I was standing about 5 meters ...
3 answers | 1 comment |
So at a barbecue at a friend's farm we decided to shoot some guns. I only handled one gun, a revolveer (.358 special I think or something...
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hearing Loss Community Resources