Hearing Loss Community
Fluid in ears

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

Fluid in ears

I've had a cold brought on from allergies for over a week. It caused fluid to build up in my left ear and is making it very hard to hear.  I've been given lots of sample allergy pills and told to get Mucinex to help remove the fluid but neither has worked. Then I was given a prescription for an antibiotic which has not worked. I've tried all the home remedies to remove the fluid....ear drops, hair dryer blown at ear, heat pack on ear, popping my ears (which I tried and failed to do). I can't find anything else to try that doesn't sound ridiculous. I am open to any suggestions. The fluid is driving me nuts and I can't hear.
Please and Thank You
Molly
have you tried any nose sprays?

i think you may want to seek medical assistance, and have your ears looked at to make sure that fluid is the only problem.  

http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/glueear/ge_whatis.html
Yes, I've been using Nasonex and it doesn't seem to be having much effect.