Hearing Loss Community
Trying Neuromonics for Tinnitus from Sudden Hearing Loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

Has anyone tried this technology yet? I was hit with Sudden Hearing Loss (Left ear) Nov.2012. After a 30 day prednisone treatment (horrible experience), I recovered some hearing with terrible tinnitus. I did some research and found this new technology. I visited an audiologist who introduced this to me and I'm trying it out for the tinnitus. The Neuromonics device looks like an I-pod and plays great classical and new age "spa music" that is adjusted to the pitch of your tinnitus. They say it helps the brain to eventually block out the tinnitus and has a 80-90% success rate. Just got it and am trying it now.  A little pricey but if it helps, it's worth it.
Tags: tinnitus
Hi!
Yes, the device has been found useful is a good number of patients. It may not be successful in all cases, but a recent study published in the International Tinnitus Journal found that more than 48 percent of the patient enrolled in the study benefited with this device. So, its worth trying. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Progess with Tinnitus using Neuromonics: - I have been using this device now for 3 weeks and I am beginning to notice the tinnitus less at times, it doesn't seem as loud as before, so I'm making progress with Neuromonics.