Heart Disease Expert Forum
A-Fib or V-Fib

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

A-Fib or V-Fib
I wanted to know if you can feel the difference between the two and what one is more dangerous? I am afraid that my heart is doing one or the other when I get out of breath from exercising. Can I know this by "feel"? I feel as if my heart as doing more than just a PVC when exercising.
You cannot differentiate premature beats from the atrium or the ventricle by your symptoms. You are definitely not having vfib, though, as this causes loss of consciousness and death without prompt electrical defibrillation.
Hankstar,

Is there anything I can do about this? It really effects my activities and prevents me from doing the things I would like at the level I would like. Is there any medecine I can take? (I take Tambacor 150mg 2x per day)but this doesn't stop this from happening. It has only helped reduce resting PVC's.
Hankstar,

You seem very knowledgeable and I have just a couple more questions for you. Is it possible for you to e-mail me directly. I will leave my e-mail address and hopefully I will hear from you soon. My e-mail is tom.***@****.
Hi everyone!  I've just begun dating a man who has A-Fib and I'm a little concerned about it.  Having had an extraordinary number of losses of loved ones in my life, I'm not thrilled about beginning a relationship with a man who has a high potential of joining the ranks of my family and friends who seem doomed to death the minute I really love them.  I'm tempted to avoid the pain by getting out now, before we get too attached...how likely is this man to die prematurely?  He is 55 years old and seems in pretty good health, otherwise..thanks for any advice!
HELLO

Stress is a problem.
I have begun to develop an occasional a-rhythmic bump followed by a pause and then a return to normal rhythm over the past few months.  It is associated with a mild feeling of lightheadedness and terror (thought the lightheadedness could be because of the terror...).  I have had two clear ECGs, though on neither occasion were the symptoms present.  Should I be as scared as I am?

I have begun to develop an occasional a-rhythmic bump followed by a pause and then a return to normal
                    rhythm over the past few months. It is associated with a mild feeling of lightheadedness and terror
                    (thought the lightheadedness could be because of the terror...). I have had two clear ECGs, though on
                    neither occasion were the symptoms present. Should I be as scared as I am?
thank you, thank you, thank you, Hankstar.   And a general thank you for the calmness and kindness of this board.
I am looking for the noted physician at the Cleveland Clinic who performs the Maze procedure for a-fib.  Can anyone help?