Aa
A
A
Close

Heart Disease Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

1 - 20 (of 25855) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am a 27 year old female & I started having BP problems about a year ago (at least that's when I first found out). I am now on 3 medications a day (Atenolol, Methalydopa, Hydrochlorizide). I take 50mg, 250mg, 25mg of the above meds. My ...
mmeee | Last answer
My Father-in-law is a 70 year old white non-smoker. With a history of diabetes, no history of high blood pressure. Recently hospitalized with Pneumonia RT lung, diagnosis was suspected heart attack. later changed to suspected stroke ...
Harvey Gainer | Last answer
5518618_tn?1369141696
Below are my Dad's 2 -D echo report results..Can any one please tell me how good are the results or there is pain area? Mitral Valve :Normal Tricuspid Valve :Normal Pulmonary Valve ...
ashwin06 | Last answer
I have been having PAC's since 12/01. They began while I was taking Allegra-D, but did not stop when the medication was stopped after only about 8 pills. I have seen my PCP and a Cardiologist who did blood tests for anemia,electrolytes...
dcmom | Last answer
I have been diagnosed with Andersens syndrome a rare form of periodic paralysis that includes a long QT charactoristic and my family is being worked up also. I have a nephew who had his ECG and it showed a pulse rate of 45bpm. He had an ...
Laurie | Last answer
I have had three episodes now during the middle of the night that are terrifying. (One was just while laying around) Out of a dead sleep I will awaken and my heart is racing so fast I can't even count the beats. I start trembling and sh...
phyl | Last answer
my age is 23m? i have blood cpk value is 1000? what about this? any medicine about this?how to control? life rate?
sai14 | Last answer
I am a 48-year old male, and I am beginning to experience a rapid heartrate when I am not active. I have no symptoms during the hours that I am awake and active. For the past six months, I have experienced this problem as much as 4 tim...
Larry K. | Last answer
Posted by Elaine Strain on May 12, 1999 at 13:51:39 Dear Doctors: Thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity to ask your opinions about something. I'm writing concerning my husband of 17 years. He is 40 years old, a non-smok...
Elaine-Strain | Last answer
I have posted before in this forum and also want to thank the doctors and other people who are so informative and supportive. My question is this. I don't drink alcohol often but when I do I tend to drink to much. Friday within a perio...
lak | Last answer
I have recently been diagnosed with myxomatous mitral valve but I'm waiting to see my cardiologists to discuss. But in my results it also says eccentric jet of mitral valve regurgitation, dilatation of LA and ventricular triplets. Can an...
Shellfoster | Last answer
I am 69yr old male,heart disease,2-open heart surgeries,now have 2-100%blocked arteries,can't open them,surgery is too high risk,taking alot of medicine,one seizure 3yrs ago, and have mild angina. Nebr. Heart Institute Cardioligist wants...
Bad Heart | Last answer
My doctor does not believe that I can get arrythmia from stomach gas. It has happened many, many times when my stomach is filled with gas, my heart rates goes up. If some other people have such experience, please let us exchange our ...
Robert NYC | Last answer
Just got my husband's blood test back and his Vitamin D levels are below the norm - 18 (normal range 30 - 100 ng/mL). He is 2 months post CABGx4 and he has been losing a lot of weight since the surgery despite the fact that he is eating ...
Brenda_2011 | Last answer
Posted By Jo Ann on October 30, 1998 at 14:54:13: In 1985, I had my first echocardiograph, at a medical-school affiliated clinic, that showed mild mitral valve regurgitation and mild aortic valve regurgitation. In 1996, I...
Jo-An | Last answer
In 1985, I had my first echocardiograph, at a medical-school affiliated clinic, that showed mild mitral valve regurgitation and mild aortic valve regurgitation. In 1996, I had a second echocardiograph as part of a stress echo. The ...
Jo-An | Last answer
Hello my dad is 45 and recently had a minor heart attack and a stent was put in. He has a family history of heart attacks. I'm worried that he will have another one soon and it won't be so minor. After his heart attack he didn't change h...
Albrown5 | Last answer
I suffer from severe heart palpitations (female - age 39). Five to six times per day I feel funny things going on in my heart. Sometimes I get three hard beats followed by a pause and then a thump. Other times I just get a thump and ye...
Caroline | Last answer
lvh
my son is 24 and a strenght trainor no steriods. he was just diagnosed with lvh from an echogram. his reading was 20mm which the dr said was very serious but could be reduced with drugs. he was put on 2.5 mg of zestril and 50mg of atenol...
almostsold | Last answer
I am a 46 year-old woman who had to undergo a quadruple coronary bypass operation just over 5 weeks ago. My question has to do with how having that operation may have affected my breathing/lung capacity. There were no complications with ...
TamEstep | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now