ARE THERE ANY NON-OBSTRUCTIVE HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY PATIENTS ?
HELLO, I AM 31 YEARS OLD AND I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH NON-OBSTRUCTIVE HCM WHEN I WAS 29 AND A MONTH LATER I WAS GETTING AN IMPLANTED ICD.  I HAVE LOST MY 4 UNCLES, AN AUNT AND MY BEST FRIEND MY MOTHER WITHIN FIVE YEARS OF MY LIFE.  BETWEEN THE LOST OF MY MOTHER AND MY HEALTH I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND.  I HAVE BEEN IN AND OUT OF THE HOSPITAL A FEW TIMES BEFORE MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY AND ONCE AFTER I AM ALSO OVERWEIGHT AND HAVE HYPERTENSION THAT IS ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU WANT TO CRY.  THIS CONDITION HAS CONSUMED MY LIFE BECAUSE I CAN'T DO ANYTHING SUCH AS PLAY BASKETBALL AND JOG IF I WANT TO BUT IT IS SO HARD TO EXERCISE BECAUSE I STAY TIRED ALL THE TIME.  I WISH THE TOWN THAT I LIVE HAD A SUPPORT GROUP FOR THIS CONDITION.

I AM ALSO MARRIED AND HAVE NO CHILDREN.  FROM WHAT THE DOCTORS SAID I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HAVE THE CHILD THEY WOULD HAVE TO TAKE THE BABY AND IT WOULD HAVE A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF HAVING THE CONDITION TO SO THAT ID VERY STRESSFUL TOO. I WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT SOMEDAY BUT WE CAN'T SEEM TO GET ABOVE WATER FINANCIALLY TO ADOPT BUT I HAVE HOPING AND PRAYING MAYBE SOMEDAY. I HAVE MADE THE DECISION NOT TO BRING A CHILD A CHILD IN THE WORLD THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE HCM.  IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS SITE I WOULDN'T KNOW IF THERE WAS ANYONE OUT THERE LIKE ME BUT NOW I DO. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I FEEL AND CAN I HERE FROM YOU. THANK YOU FOR LISTINING.    

Type in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association and you will find a wonderful support and informative group that is recommended by one of the specialists in HCM at CCF. You have an ICD so you are protected against the arrhythmias that lead to sudden death. I have obstructive HCM myself and I also have an ICD. Good luck to you.