Angiographic findings: severe 3 vessel disease
HELP!
Angiographic findings:
Native coronary lesions:
Proximal LAD: 75% stenosis
Mid LAD: 99% stenosis
D1: 90% stenosis
OM1: 100% stenosis
Mid RCA: 100% stenosis
RPDA: 50% stenosis
RPLS: 50% stenosis
My father's diagnosis, released 4/24/07.
I'm worried this is serious and that he needs to be monitored at a hospital until we find a solution. The doctor that performed the procedure didn't speak to us, so we don't know what this information means: what is his condition and how severe is it? Our options? How effective will bypass be? Its risks? etc.... His primary doc., a cardiologist, is away for 2 weeks. The doctor who preformed the procedure stated that we follow-up with-in ONE week with the primary doctor. I think our primary doctor didn't refer to another physician because this will be a long process and he would monetarily benefit and he's willing to take the risk that nothing will happen in the mean time (I could be wrong but the report states: "severe 3 vessel disease with sub-total distal LAD, aneurysmal mid LAD, total occlusion of the OM1 and Sub-total occlusion of the mid RCA; Moderate LV dysfunction" and at the hospital they said the situation is complicated. This does not sound like something that can wait) I
It's not a great situation, he has a lot of blockages.  However, he is on medications and doctors don't just go sending people home if there is an extreme risk of the patient dying if not under care in a hospital setting.  Two weeks probably isn't unreasonable, though I am not a doctor, I'm just going by experience with all of the bypasses in my family over the past 10 years.

As far as how successful certain therapies will be, only the doctors caring for your dad will know this for sure - there's know way of knowing otherwise.

I'm sending good thoughts your way.  I know what it's like being in your shoes, worrying about my dad's health after hearing stuff like this.  My dad had emergency open heart surgery, so it was quite a rollercoaster for us.  Ten years later he is doing very well, so I hope that is some encouragement for you :)