Heart Disease Expert Forum
Aortic root aneurysm

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Aortic root aneurysm
My doctor has given me the diagnosis of mild aortic root aneurysm along with high blood pressure (136/90).  He stated that the enlarged aorta was due to age - no medication given to me except for a water pill.  Should I be concerned with the diagnosis or should I be looking for a second opinion?

An aortic aneurysm is a general term for any swelling of the aorta, usually representing an underlying weakness in the wall of the aorta at that location.

The biggest concern is the risk of rupture, which causes severe pain and massive internal bleeding, and can be fatal.

A mild aortic root aneurysm does not sound severe. Please provide additional information so we can answer your question more accurately. It may also be helpful to discuss with your doctor.
Who knows?  You haven't given us your age, sex, size, or aortic diameters.