Heart Disease Expert Forum
Blood types

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Blood types

Is it possible for the mother of a child to have B+ blood type, Father to have A+, and the child to have O+ ?   Thank You for your help!
Tags: Heart, child
Avatar n tn
No.  Generally the child should have AB+.
Avatar n tn
Does the gene depend on blood types? Let's say a child has a blood type A so does his your father, but his mother is O.
Does that mean that the gene that the child has are mostly inherited from his father? Thank you.

Cutious
Avatar n tn
I will answer this question for you. Yes, it is possible to have the situation you describe. Type O is recessive,so for a person to be that type he/she had to inhert "O" from both parents. Although the mother types as B, her "genotype" is really  BB or BO but since B is dominant that is what shows up in the blood type test. The type A father would be AA or AO. (A, like B, being dominant over O) In the scenario you describe, for the child to be type O (really OO)the mother had to be BO, the father AO, and the child inherited an O from each parent. A and B are not dominant over each other, so if the child inherited the A from one parent and the B from the other, the child's type would be AB.  The + and -, which is the RH type, is inherited independently from the ABO blood types.  The above parents could have had an O- child as well (as well as B+ or B-, A+ or A-,AB+ or AB -)This is a simple explanation, hope it helps.

Chris S.
Avatar n tn
Hi Jack:

The doctor is right in that statistically the least likely blood type for a child in the situation you describe is type O.  There would be a greater chance for the baby to be A, B, or AB, but a type O child is definitely *possible*. The same is true for the RH type (+ or -) Statistically, an RH neg child would be least likely, but still possible.  A better prediction could be made if the blood type of the parents and siblings of each parent in this situation were known.

Chris S.
Avatar n tn
thanks for your comments.
Avatar n tn
Hi I would like to ask two questions.Is it possible for two positive blood type parents to have a negitive blood type child?
for instance the mother is A+ and the father is B+ and the child is AB- ? The next question is there any way that a person with positive blood can change it to a neg type blood ?
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
Hi Is it possible for two positive blood type parents to have a negitive blood type child?
Avatar n tn
Is it possible for a child to be born with 0- if the mother is B- and the father is 0+ ?
Avatar n tn
yes, it is possible for a child to have O typing when the parents are A and B...as menitioned in previous responses, the genotypes of the parents could be AO and BO thus lending to a child who's phenotype is due to OO genetic coding.
Avatar n tn
If my bloodtype is AB+ And My son's father's O+, then what would be our son's bloodtype?Question

Avatar n tn
I'm pregnant & my blood group id AB Rhesus D positive

Is this considered good or bad.
Avatar n tn
I'm doing reserch on blood types and I wold like to know if it is possible to have a person with a O+ blood type and another person with a B+ blood type and they be related, eg: brother, sister.
Avatar n tn
I am an aFroAmerican-with A- blood trying to eat for my blood type. what reigon of the world has an abudance of this blood type?
thanks ,
Jafar
Avatar n tn
Is it possible for 2 people with type O+ to have a child who is A+? Thank you.
Avatar n tn
If the mother was B+ and the father was B-, could the child ever end up being AB+?
Avatar n tn
If I am type A + , and my hsband is  O - . what are the possible results for my unborn child??
Avatar n tn
I am looking for my blood type.  I had a test done a few years ago.  I was born at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children.  The test was also done there.  Can you give me a website, please?
Avatar n tn
I want to know what is blue blood cause I got it and want to know what that actually is.
Avatar n tn
How do positive and negative blood types affect having children?

I am 0+ if I were to have a child with someone who is 0- would there be any danger? Or anything to be concerned about?

Avatar n tn
The question posted by Jack on Dec 99 I believe was incorrectly answered.  IF the mother is B and the child is O, then the father cn be O,A,or B but not AB.  Therefore the father can be A.  IF you look at the answer down further posted by Chris, it futher varifies this.  Say the mother is BO and the father is AO, then the child can be O.
Avatar n tn
If the mother and father of a child are both AB+, It would stand to reason that the child would be AB+ right? My childs father is claiming that he is not her father, all three of us are AB+.I know that the only sure way to find out is DNA testing.
Avatar n tn
I heard on a TV show   the other day, that Type o parent should not have children if the mother has Type AB blood type ????  Is that true--- I have type AB+ blood n the father has/had type O?
   I have 2 children-- they both have type AB+ blood type. I am confused???? n startled now, by that????
Avatar n tn
My wife is A-, I have 2 daughters, 1 A+ 1 A-, does this mean that I am A+.

Thank you for your help.
Avatar n tn
Can a mother with o+ blood , and the father with A+ blood have
a A- child
why is o blood type recessive
Avatar n tn
I would like to know if a mother that is rh - and a father who is o can have a child that is ab+  ?????
Avatar n tn
Is it possible to have a child with B+ blood type while both parents are o+?

I was told that it is rare but is known as the bombay phenotype. Could you please help shed some light on this, thanks.
Avatar n tn
If the father has type O+ and the mother B, and they both have sickle cell traits, what are the possible blood types for a child  that they may have?  And by them having the traits, does this increase the risk of the child being stricken with Sickle Cell disease?

thnx.

Ike
Avatar n tn
can the mother be an o blood type the father an a+ and the baby be an a-?
Avatar n tn
Is it possible for a child to be born blood type A- when both the parents are A+? And when giving bith, what is the injection needed if you are A-? Thanks for all your help-Please email me
Avatar n tn
what is the ABO system
Avatar n tn
HI I was wondering if O+ Blood is more rare than other blood types such as AB+- or A+- or B+-. Thankyou for your time.

Laura
Avatar n tn
what are the different combinations of parents blood types that could produce what blood type in the child?
Avatar n tn
according to my records my blood type is A rh D negative, what
does this mean because i have heard of that type?
Avatar n tn
Dear doc, I am still not clear on blood types, are you saying that a B type, or an A type mother can have an O type child? I had been under the impression that only two types O parents could produce an O type child.
I just have a couple of questions aboutthe blood.
First of all, What happens if someone gets a transmission of the wrong blood type?
Secondly,Which blood types are considered universal donors ?universal recipients.
And then,What type of cell does the AIDS virus destroy?
Avatar n tn
Why can a person with A or B blood type have antibodies against
the opposite blood type? Thank you.
Avatar n tn
Is it 0+ or 0- that is considered the universal donor? For the blood type that is not considered universal,why?
Avatar n tn
Is it possible to have a child with A+ blood type if both parents are O+?  Thank You for your time.
Avatar n tn
If a person is ab- and the father is type o is this possible?
Avatar n tn
if your mother is A- and your father is O, what would the child be?
Avatar n tn
is it possiable for both parents to have B positive blood types and a son to have A negative?
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
  My friend is expecting a baby on July 18th. And I was wondering if each parent has O Blood type, would the infant have O also?
Avatar n tn
Is is possible for a child to be born with a blood type if A+ if the mother and father are both O+?  Pleas reply ASAP

<***@****>
Avatar n tn
IF THE MOTHER IS A+ AND THE CHILD IS AB+, WHAT WOULD THE FATHER
BLOOD TYPE WILL BE?
Avatar n tn
BLOOD TYPE WILL BE?
Avatar n tn
If i have O- and my girlfriend has a+ if we **** each other what will the child have ,and if i **** the child what will our child have?
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
Is it possiable for a father with B+ and a mother with B+ to have a son with A-?
Avatar n tn
I'm a student and I'm doing a presentation in school, about blood groups.  I've been reading textbooks, but I'm still rather confused on the topic myself.  Could anyone just introduce me to some of the basics, like what are antigens?
Avatar n tn
Is it possible for children to have Onegative when the mother and father have B
Avatar n tn
If the father has O+ blood type and the mother has A-, what are the possiblities of the different blood types the child could have?
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
I am a mother of a 7yr old, I am an o- can you please tell me where this originates as the rh factor comes  from the monkeys.
Avatar n tn
If the child's father is blood type A+ and the mother's blood type is O+, what is the child's blood type?
Thank you.
Avatar n tn
I think Dumb *** is well named.  He fails to understand that people are serious and have important quaetions and information to share.  He is a dumb ***.
Avatar n tn
IF A MOTHER IS B+ AND THE FATHER IS O+ IS A CHILD WITH RH NEG POSSABLE AND WHAT ARE THE ODDS
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
Is it possible for the mother of a child to have O+ blood type, Father to have B+, and the child to have A+ ? Thank You for your help!
Avatar n tn
the heart is effected
Avatar n tn
Both parents have O blood and the child has AB
hoow is that possible?
Avatar n tn
Is it possible for a women to conceive sept.11 1999 and deliver may 21,2000 at 38 1/2 weeks.  and while pregnant women had to get a rhogam shot, because of her negative blood(b-). The child has the blood type of AB. my question is could the father be A or would he have to be AB.
Avatar n tn
Is there a potential problem for us to have a child , if I ( the mom) is A+ and the dad is o-?  I have heard different things.  Please let me know.
Avatar n tn
My mom is a positive and i'm a negative .Did the - pass fom my father? or is it dtill from my mom..
Avatar n tn
is it possiible for the mother of a child to be B- and get a rhgam shot to become positive whle carring the baby and the child has the blood type of AB. can the father be A and this be possible or does he have to be AB.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
Avatar n tn
I am an O negative mother and my husband is B possitive, our son is O possitive. What are the other possible blood combinations we could produce?
A related discussion, Blood Types was started.