Heart Disease Expert Forum
CRP 0.30 (ref range 0.0-3.0)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CRP 0.30 (ref range 0.0-3.0)

My CRP in 2011 was 0.30 (ref range 0.0-3.0). I am worried that this is too high. Should I be concerned, my doc says it's normal and not to worry. I was tested for kindey, liver, ANA, autoimmune test, protein test, celiac disease, colonscopy, ct scan adonominal, cbc, metabolic and all were normal.

I had stress test, ekg, trophin and were normal as well too.

Not sure if I should be tested again. I do smoke marijuana, not sure if this has anything to do with. I also have roscea,ashtma and dermatitis.
Tags: CRP
3 Comments
Blank
You are in the low risk range! <1. low risk of future MI or stroke
If .3 is correct you are in great shape!
Blank
pkl4589,
CRP is a general marker of inflammation.  Your level is within the normal range (there is some variability in what is normal based on how individual laboratories/centers run the serum assay).  Regardless, no matter who ran your assay, your level is not elevated.  If you were having other tests for rheumatologic processes (ANA, celiac studies, etc) as you described, then your physician was likely reassured with a normal CRP.  
There have been some studies looking at CRP elevation and coronary artery disease development, but these studies were not convincing for any level of significant correlation between the two.
Hope that helps.
Blank
I made  a typo... Here's the correct one... My apologies..

My CRP in 2011 was 0.30 (ref range 0.0-0.30). I am worried that this is too high. Should I be concerned, my doc says it's normal and not to worry. I was tested for kindey, liver, ANA, autoimmune test, protein test, celiac disease, colonscopy, ct scan abdominal, cbc, metabolic and all were normal.

I had stress test, ekg, trophin and were normal as well too.

Not sure if I should be tested again. I do smoke marijuana, not sure if this has anything to do with. I also have roscea,ashtma and dermatitis.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity