Cardiopulmonary bicycle stress test
I've had some bad shortness of breath off n on for two years.. My cardiologist ordered some testing for me and one was a cardiopulmonary test, I had to ride a bicycle for a few minutes and they take out blood at peek heart rate.. I basically wanted to know if this test was at all helpful in pinpointing any heart disease and why I'm always short of breath.. By the way the test was normal.. Is this test any good or was I waiting my time?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test (CPET) helps to assess the cardiovascular and respiratory system during exercise to assess a patient’s exercise capacity. So, if this is normal, its unlikely any cardiac or respiratory disorders are causing your symptoms of breathlessness. Certain systemic disorders like anemia, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies and thyroid disorders can cause these symptoms. So, please discuss this with your doctor, he may ask for blood tests to rule out these disorders.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.