Chest pain, inflamed...
I have been having these symptoms for about 4 years, I finally went to the doc. I'm 21 years old. I have heart arrhythmia. I don't know if this would have to do with my chest pain, but when I was born the doc told my mother I had extra cartilage on the bottom of my sternum. Anyways, I get a horrible crushing pain on my chest, I can't even move or it will hurt worse. My sternum feels inflamed or one of ribs are on top of the other. If I touch my ribs or chest it's VERY sensitive and hurts. My heart beats very fast and hard when this happens. I went to the doctor and they did an EKG and made me wear a heart monitor for 24 hours to see if they find anything, and whenever I have these "attacks" my heart beats up to about 200 beats per minute. It doesn't radiate anywhere, that I realize, I'm in too much pain to notice it hurting or radiating anywhere besides my chest. My doctor doesn't know what's wrong with me! Help!
Ever heard of costochondritis?  It is a condition that inflames the cartilage of the ribs and or sternum. Google it up :)

Arrhythmias can and do cause chest pain. I haven't read  that anyone here  has had this, but I have googled up chest pain associated with arrhythmias  before.

If an arrhythmia causes the output of your heart to decrease, then the reduced blood flow through the coronary arteries to the muscles of the heart, would cause angina.

Coronary artery spasms can cause angina and very rarely can cause a heart attack.

Good luck :)