Heart Disease Community
Chest pains on left side with pain in left arm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Hello..i am a 17 year old male with no family history of any heart conditions..i have been having chest pains for probably since october 2007...but i rarley felt them.. i went to the hospitol on dec 9th 2007 due to chest pains i went through a couple of test such as a cat scan of my lungs and heart a couple of blood test and an ultra sound of my legs but prior to being admitted to the hospitol i went to the cardiologist and they did an ultrasound of my chest and found absoultly nothing wrong with my heart except for a leaky heart valve ..i dont know which valve or how leaky but thats all i was told and that it is nothing to worry about,,,,now i have chest pains in the left side of my chest...It does not get worst when i lay or rest but i noticed while i walk my heart beats faster....to the point where i can actually feel it beating but i have a feeling its probably a problem with my chest wall like a musculoskeletal problem but at the same time i dont..... prior to having the chest pains i been to the gym working out my chest my back and arms...but i havent been to the gym in a long time...so is this a sign im losing muscle mass?,,,,,, so these are my symtoms (symptoms)

1)Pain usually occuring around the left side of chest with a rare occurrence in the right side of chest
2)Pain usually just feels like pain in chest..no tightness
3)left side pain occur at any area of the left side oh chest not only the middle left side close to heart but mostly occurs right by the left breastbone
4)Having pains in Left forearm at random moments
5) get tired easlily(such as walking up a flight of stairs or speed walking)
I sympathize with you.  I am a 28 yr old female, non-smoker but around a lot of second hand smoke, and I have had the same symptoms as you with no answer either.  You are right, you could have musculoskeletal pain, or one of many other things.  I've read on here about periocarditis, which is an infection in the lining of the heart which needs antibiotics.  There's also the possibility of a spine problem.  There are many different things which could cause these problems.  There is a condition also that affects the veins, if you read about Isaac Hanson who has it, which causes blood clots; I'm assuming your cat scan looked for blood clots.  Don't stop searching for an answer and if your Dr is not helpful find one who is.
Currently I started having bad chest pain in my upper left side and it was worse when I breath.  It was worse when i laid down on my back as well.  I had terrible pain 2 years ago in my left side and all down my left arm.  My fingers were turning blue at one point and I had some tingling in my arm.  My PCP thought it was anxiety, which ticked me off ( I feel like that's their answer to ever ailment now), then gave my a pill for GERD but only 15 minutes after i took it i had a terrible pressure and pain in the center of my chest and short of breath. I went to ER and they were going to release me after all my tests were fine, (nuclear med test of lungs checking for blood clots, blood tests) but I became weaker and extremely dizzy and couldn't stand. They admitted me and did an ultrasound, gave me nitro, a stomach scope, all kids of blood tests, and the only thing they found was my heart rate had been very low the whole time (bradycardia), my cortisol hormone levels were low and my potassium was a little low.  I went through a horrible test to check my adrenal system.  After 5 days they released me since all tests were ok. I was weak the whole time, and was not better, all they could tell me was maybe I had a virus, and they thought I had stomach spasms, even though my test wasn't that bad.  I was weak for months. Funny thing is, I also had a very bad ear infection at the same time with blisters on my eardrum.  I think somehow it's connected.  I have also been told many times now of possible musculoskeletal pain.
From what I read on this site, there seems to be a lot of people who are having the same problems and getting no where with their Dr's.  Some people have said their Dr's don't even think they could have heart problems.  I feel that Dr's are blaming it on anxiety so much and pushing the anxiety drugs way too much.  Don't get my wrong, I feel that stress definitely causing illnesses, it's not always just stress that's causing it, but damage to the body caused by stress.  I feel in my case stress had caused my body to deteriorate and that's why I became ill, but the damage is hard to pinpoint.
Also be cautious of your physicians, make sure you have on ewho will listen to you and be thorough.  If you don't feel they care what you think, time to switch.  I went to the ER again 2 yrs ago after having being in the hospital, and had more pain and a gurgling feeling in my back that started the day I was discharged.  The nurse heard wheezing in my chest and told the Nurse Practitioner who was to examine me.  The NP listened for a few seconds and said she heard nothing.  She talked to my PCP on the phone and came back and told me that I was already told it was anxiety and I'm fine.  The nurse then stood up for me and said "I heard her wheezing" and defended my pain.  The NP had a terrible attitude and I got no real help there.  I feel there is a terrible problem these days in ER's and doctor's offices, especially for those with bad or no insurance.  I do not want to scare you, I don't know you.  Don't let anyone tell you you're to young to have heart problems.  Remind them of the high school sports players who have dropped over from heart problems when no one knew they had them. Just keep searching and praying.  God bless you and I hope you feel better.