Heart Disease Expert Forum
Dizziness

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Dizziness

Dear Doctors,

When should I become worried about dizziness accompanied by slight squeezing pains?  The pains are odd in nature.  I only feel a bit of a squeezing pain under my arms and outer chest.  The dizziness is mostly only present when I am standing up, goes away with sitting or laying down.  Is this a reason to be concerned?  I have been experiencing these symptoms for about 5 days now. Thanks for your help.
I would recommend having it checked out.  Squeezing pain can be related to the heart and it is better to be safe than sorry.
I am 37.  For the past few months I have had both irregular heart beats and dizzy spells although not at the same time.  I don't know if the two are related.  The irregular heart beats can go from a few pounding to skipping to a few real fast and then back to normal.  This happens any time of the day.  The whooziness or dizzy spells come out of nowhere and I am so light headed I have to sit down and if I close my eyes, I have bed spins.  This can go on for a few hours and then just stop.  I don't know yet what brings it on.  I had my blood drawn for iron, thyroid, glucose and an ekg. all while having the symptoms.  All came out normal.  What do you duggest it is?

margaret Quinn
***@****
Over the last 2 years, I have been experiencing severe dizziness when I run.  I will make it about 20 to 40 minutes into the run before the symptoms start.  I also get extremely nauseated.  My blood pressure is usually around 150/90 and my cholesterol around 260.  I am 52 years old and at the upper range of my suggested weight.  The dizziness is so bad that I sometimes have to stop completely.  I have no pain and do not feel breathless.  If I continue to run or walk, I become unable to progress in a straight line. (I look like I'm intoxicated and feel very disoriented)  The dizziness and nausea usually last 2 to 3 hours after I stop, but has sometimes lasted a day or two.  My doc listened to my heart and said she heard a click murmur but the tech who did my echocardiogram said she saw no evidence of MVP. She said the doc probably misinterpreted a murmur because my pulse rate is very high and that can mimic a murmur.  I do have a family history of heart disease and my 26 yr old daughter has been diagnosed with MVP.
Please help shed some light on this problem.  I used to be very active and the lack of exercise is driving me crazy!  Thanks.